• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are your experiences with GovPlanet?? Good or Bad

Bikers33

Considering the situation,
with time and patience on hands,
my dealings with GP has been a good one. They delivered what they said they will. I will do it again when I have a need.
Do not expect a vehicle purchase from a car dealer.
I agree, I will buy again from GovPlanet. This was my first from them.

Bikers33

I am still awaiting a title on a 1996 S&S LMTV that I bought back in late April. During the checkout process, I was unaware of having to request a title & so it was a month later that I filed & sent in the correct paperwork to get the title. After waiting a month, I called in to see what was going on & no one knew anything about my paperwork. The person I talked with, requested an electronic copy of the application & placed it in the system. A month later, I am trying to get in touch with this person, but they are no returning phone calls. There are several trailers that I need to get a bill of sale for & have paid the fees for, but no paperwork in hand yet!
That`s an awesome garage you have.... One day I hope to have that many myself, my wife will protest and give me trouble though. Mental note to self ...I must auction the wife off first.
Thanks for sharing

FloridaAKM

I couldn't auction off the wife for any price, so I gave her away, along with the payment book to an unsuspecting older guy who thought she was a good find (bet he doesn't think that now). Thanks for the note on the garage stuff, its guy stuff for retirement one day soon.
That`s an awesome garage you have.... One day I hope to have that many myself, my wife will protest and give me trouble though. Mental note to self ...I must auction the wife off first.
Thanks for sharing

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I will PM you and we will work this out. I don't take this personal and I will do what I can. It looks like you have been speaking back and forth with DaRon, he is out of town this week which is probably why things have gone unanswered. I can get you a title and will do everything within my power to expedite it. At the end of the day I think a title showing you bought it will likely be your best bet. I will start the process today out of good faith.
Thanks for the email! I responded this morning if you could respond when you get a chance so I can get the process going if you think it is fair.

FloridaAKM

JWade is working on getting all of my issues rectified, so I will wait till he get his magic done & report back here with the results. It is very good that we have him here as a member to help fix Gov Planet issues that can't be fixed in the normal ways. Just don't over whelm him with too many problems! Thanks again Jwade for all you do!
PM me with all of the item numbers. Honestly, our Customer Service is a high turnover gig its kind of a starter job for most students out of college. We are diversifying who we hire to try and get some more tenure and experience in that department.

hippa

Does anyone else see a problem with GP's business model? If the Operations Manager has to go to this site to fix problems then GP has some fundamental structural issues in their method of doing business.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Does anyone else see a problem with GP's business model? If the Operations Manager has to go to this site to fix problems then GP has some fundamental structural issues in their method of doing business.
I think you need to understand a few things:

1. GL has been doing this for many years and completely built there business model around it. We are really still in our infancy in surplus. We were already an established equipment auction company who decided to branch out. We have realized that they are two completely different animals and the same methods do not cross over as easily as expected.
2. We do A LOT of business and of course when people are having issues they tend to speak out online so I am handling the VAST minority. Well more than 90% of our transactions go smoothly.
3. My team has handled and re-handled around 3000 documents in the last few months. Human Error absolutely exists, We have made improvements and our continuing to do so.

4. I am here on my own accord I don't have to be, but I choose to be. I have mentioned before I like the camaraderie this site has and I prefer to face challenges head on. Instead of hiding hoping nobody ever gets my phone number. We are working toward a monitored GP customer service user on here hopefully in the near future and I can just sit back and enjoy the site a bit more.

Bikers33

A special " THANK YOU " to Jwade. Thank you very much Sir for taking time from your busy schedule to help everyone that has reached out. It is people like you that make our hobby and experience more enjoyable. I commend you sir for getting things done even though it is not your job to do so. It is true that the system fails sometimes but this is not your fault ,You have gone "above and beyond" your call, I salute you sir and again , Thank You. I should hope more appreciation will be forwarded to you from others as well. You have made me a returning loyal customer of GovPlanet.

hippa

Jwade, you may not have understood my post. It seems that your corporate model needs an overhaul. You will become quickly burnt out trying to put out all of these "fires." I also salute you for your desire to make things right but I do not believe that it is sustainable. Good Luck to you sir!

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Jwade, you may not have understood my post. It seems that your corporate model needs an overhaul. You will become quickly burnt out trying to put out all of these "fires." I also salute you for your desire to make things right but I do not believe that it is sustainable. Good Luck to you sir!
No worries, I don't take it personal. We have been working through the model a lot lately trying to adapt. Most of the processes were setup from before we really knew what we were getting into. We have been trying to change some things and get some other things on track. However, it feels like turning the Titanic it takes a bit to get things moving.

I've been at it over a year now, I don't give up real easy.

Bikers33

In my humble opinion Jwade is trying to do just that, GovPlanet is a new endeavour as he has stated and the process differs from the business model that the parent company is used to. Thankfully we have someone in the management role that is interested in helping us continue our hobby. I could only speculate on what it would be like without someone helping us out from the inside. I for one am grateful that Jwade is a person who genuinely cares about the member's issues and does what he can to make it right. What it boils down to in the end is that we have a person with integrity like Jwade who has shown that he will do what he can to make it right, he does this because he wants to and for that he has my loyalty and respect. I have found this to be mostly non existent in the business world today. I commend Jwade for all that he has accomplished for us members here. I personally owe him a big thanks. In the end, not everything can be exactly how one wants things to turn out but the attempt to make it right is what counts. Thank You Jwade for being an ally and friend to people who have reached out to you Sir. You have my respect.

Now if I could just find a Hemmt somewhere!!:lol:

Bikers33

In my humble opinion Jwade is trying to do just that, GovPlanet is a new endeavour as he has stated and the process differs from the business model that the parent company is used to. Thankfully we have someone in the management role that is interested in helping us continue our hobby. I could only speculate on what it would be like without someone helping us out from the inside. I for one am grateful that Jwade is a person who genuinely cares about the member's issues and does what he can to make it right. What it boils down to in the end is that we have a person with integrity like Jwade who has shown that he will do what he can to make it right, he does this because he wants to and for that he has my loyalty and respect. I have found this to be mostly non existent in the business world today. I commend Jwade for all that he has accomplished for us members here. I personally owe him a big thanks. In the end, not everything can be exactly how one wants things to turn out but the attempt to make it right is what counts. Thank You Jwade for being an ally and friend to people who have reached out to you Sir. You have my respect.

Now if I could just find a Hemmt somewhere!!:lol:
HEMTT I meant!! aua

Bikers33

Just an update about GP refunds. I have received my refunds (Taxes Paid), it took some time and a few emails but GP came through in the end as promised. God Bless You JWADE, your diligence in making it right is outstanding.. Thank you sir.

Now if I could only get my hands on the Title to begin the process of exporting and clearing my item through Customs, that would be awesome.... Sometimes I forget what I bought as I haven't seen it for about 4 weeks.:whistle:

Thanks for the help that you have given all of us, you truly are a saint.

Another Ahab

Just an update about GP refunds. I have received my refunds (Taxes Paid), it took some time and a few emails but GP came through in the end as promised. God Bless You JWADE, your diligence in making it right is outstanding.. Thank you sir.

The way it works, I think you got to nominate him first. :jumpin: :mrgreen:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Now if I could only get my hands on the Title to begin the process of exporting and clearing my item through Customs, that would be awesome.... Sometimes I forget what I bought as I haven't seen it for about 4 weeks.:whistle:

Congratulations. Their tax guy just told me basically (no not in these words) to go copulate myself. He tried comparing the purchase of a motor vehicle to buying a candy bar at WalMart. "You have to pay taxes where you bought it." A motor vehicle is NOT a candy bar and I bought many vehicles from GL across state lines and never had this issue. That's fine. The $200 I'm out is far less than they would get in sale fees just from me buying 1 more vehicle (which will NEVER happen). They can also count on a fair amount of employee productivity loss responding to the multiple complaints I'm filing with the state. Trust me it's going to cost them a WHOLE lot more than the money I'm out. Of course the peon employees don't care. They still get their paycheck.

FloridaAKM

GP makes it hard to get titles, SF-97 or a bill of sale for some reason or another. I have waited over a year for some of the bill of sales I am due on trailers & if it wasn't for JWade, I would still be waiting. He cleared my problem just as he promised, now if I can just get the Title for my M-1081 & bought in late April, it can be made legal for the road. I dislike buying a truck, only to use it to kill grass in the yard because of no title, tag or registration!

Another Ahab

Congratulations. Their tax guy just told me basically (no not in these words) to go copulate myself. He tried comparing the purchase of a motor vehicle to buying a candy bar at WalMart. "You have to pay taxes where you bought it." A motor vehicle is NOT a candy bar and I bought many vehicles from GL across state lines and never had this issue..
You are the federal taxpayer who already PAID for the hardware in the first place.

I said "paid" above; more accurately I likely should have said "overpaid".

It's close to criminally absurd to be taxed to build it in the first place and then to be taxed AGAIN to buy it back from Uncle Sam.

But the system gets manipulated by those who know how to milk it:

Welcome to the Monkey House.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks