• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are your experiences with GovPlanet?? Good or Bad

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Asked this on another thread, really belongs here.

Ok, So you have a legitimate discrepancy and they don't want to hear it. You refuse to pay. Aside from suspending your account, what can they really do?

Last edited:

Bikers33

Congratulations. Their tax guy just told me basically (no not in these words) to go copulate myself. He tried comparing the purchase of a motor vehicle to buying a candy bar at WalMart. "You have to pay taxes where you bought it." A motor vehicle is NOT a candy bar and I bought many vehicles from GL across state lines and never had this issue. That's fine. The $200 I'm out is far less than they would get in sale fees just from me buying 1 more vehicle (which will NEVER happen). They can also count on a fair amount of employee productivity loss responding to the multiple complaints I'm filing with the state. Trust me it's going to cost them a WHOLE lot more than the money I'm out. Of course the peon employees don't care. They still get their paycheck.
Just hang in there brother, $200 clams ain't really worth getting pissed about... But the point is what matters. I had to send lot's of emails and upload BOLs and stuff but eventually, It all worked out. Have faith, It will work out in the end.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just hang in there brother, $200 clams ain't really worth getting pissed about... But the point is what matters. I had to send lot's of emails and upload BOLs and stuff but eventually, It all worked out. Have faith, It will work out in the end.
Did all that. Everything going forward is going to the state. I'm done wasting my time with them.

Another Ahab

Congratulations. Their tax guy just told me basically (no not in these words) to go copulate myself. He tried comparing the purchase of a motor vehicle to buying a candy bar at WalMart. "You have to pay taxes where you bought it." A motor vehicle is NOT a candy bar and I bought many vehicles from GL across state lines and never had this issue.
You are the federal taxpayer who already PAID for the hardware in the first place.

I said "paid" above; more accurately I likely should have said "overpaid".

It's close to criminally absurd to be taxed to build it in the first place and then to be taxed AGAIN to buy it back from Uncle Sam.
Thinking it over; and here's what makes sense (but of course will never happen):

- You the Taxpayer (T) paid The Government (G) for the equipment to begin with.

- If G no longer needs the equipment, T should have first pick (at no cost) of any piece T wants as long as there are enough pieces (for T), to go around.

- If there are more T's than equipment, THEN an auction makes sense. However all proceeds from that auction should then be distributed back among all the T's (It's their equipment; The Government is the People).

- It is robbery for T to pay for all the equipment in the first place, then to pay GP for the auctioning service, then to also pay GP to buy the equipment.

- And after ALL of that, it is highway robbery to pay taxes on top of all of those payments.

But guess who ALWAYS takes the sucker punch?

Last edited:

Jakob1944

I couldn't auction off the wife for any price, so I gave her away, along with the payment book to an unsuspecting older guy who thought she was a good find (bet he doesn't think that now). Thanks for the note on the garage stuff, its guy stuff for retirement one day soon.
I see there might be a need for a auction site for old used wives......I'll throw one if for free......I'm looking for a mute one

stevo99

I had the worst experience ever with Gov Planet. They listed a pallet of various items and it was short 24 assault packs which was 40 percent of the value of the lot. They had found the items in their warehouse and proceeded to offer me $25.00 credit or pay to have them shipped to me for a cost of over 180 dollars . . it has been 22 days from the time i reported the missing items. They are thieves in the night as far as i am concerned. Do not trust or believe anything you read on the listing for they were clearly in error on this one as stated by the facts shown below. Each time you call you will be on hold for hours only to be shuffled to a different person each time. or be told they will call you back and never do. I will never do business with them again and i have warned you here to beware. When you pickup your items count and inspect each and every item closely at the pickup place as they will not honor their IronClad Assurance policy and will not make right their own mistakes.

Attached is the conversation and the details of my experience with gov planet. . It is a long read but i am sure it will show you and convince you to take heed and not deal with this company. Pass the letter on if you wish

Attachments

silverstate55

Useless
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won a large tent out of the North Las Vegas warehouse back in November...paid for item and drove down from Utah to pick item up, only to be told that it couldn’t be found. Turns out it had been sold previously back in August, the previous owner let it go into Abandoned status, and when he turned up in October to pick it up, it was released to him.

Because nobody bothered to update its status out of Abandonment, it was relisted and resold even though GP no longer had custody of it. The warehouse manager said no similar items could be substituted (as has been done in past, especially in outside yard with larger items) and I have to go through the dreaded customer service torture.

It’s been nearly 45 days; as listed above, every promise of a callback has been broken...I haven’t been called back a single time. Every time I call I get transferred to different departments several times, lectured every time that I was in the wrong & I have to allow them time to do their “Due Diligence,” yet every single time I’m told that there’s no record of my previous calls nor has anything to substantiate my claims been documented by any employee....my explanations that something should have been emailed/documented by warehouse manager are met EVERY TIME with a lecture about their so-called policies and procedures that nobody at GP/RB/IP seems to follow.

Every phone call wastes 1-2 hours of my time. Every phone call gets me transferred to someone else, and nobody documents anything....which seems to be systematic of Institutionalized Plausible Deniability.

I’m filing a dispute with my credit card company; I’ve had it with their piss-poor customer service. GP/IP/RB is quick to take your money from you, but almost completely unresponsive when they are in the wrong and have to give you your money back.

JWade used to be a great resource here, but he’s moved on to greener pastures after several personnel shakeups and reorganizations.

Smckerigan

I purchased a M925 and they never mentioned that the windows on both doors were cracked as the windows were lowered and didn’t show damage in the listing but when I got it home I contacted them and told them of the damages and they refunded me a couple of hundred dollars . I think the customer service is really good. Just my opinion.

stevo99

I won a large tent out of the North Las Vegas warehouse back in November...paid for item and drove down from Utah to pick item up, only to be told that it couldn’t be found. Turns out it had been sold previously back in August, the previous owner let it go into Abandoned status, and when he turned up in October to pick it up, it was released to him.

Because nobody bothered to update its status out of Abandonment, it was relisted and resold even though GP no longer had custody of it. The warehouse manager said no similar items could be substituted (as has been done in past, especially in outside yard with larger items) and I have to go through the dreaded customer service torture.

It’s been nearly 45 days; as listed above, every promise of a callback has been broken...I haven’t been called back a single time. Every time I call I get transferred to different departments several times, lectured every time that I was in the wrong & I have to allow them time to do their “Due Diligence,” yet every single time I’m told that there’s no record of my previous calls nor has anything to substantiate my claims been documented by any employee....my explanations that something should have been emailed/documented by warehouse manager are met EVERY TIME with a lecture about their so-called policies and procedures that nobody at GP/RB/IP seems to follow.

Every phone call wastes 1-2 hours of my time. Every phone call gets me transferred to someone else, and nobody documents anything....which seems to be systematic of Institutionalized Plausible Deniability.

I’m filing a dispute with my credit card company; I’ve had it with their piss-poor customer service. GP/IP/RB is quick to take your money from you, but almost completely unresponsive when they are in the wrong and have to give you your money back.

JWade used to be a great resource here, but he’s moved on to greener pastures after several personnel shakeups and reorganizations.
I agree. Their customer service routine is to never send any documentation to you. Never talk to the same person and never call you back. I complained so much they sent me 3 emails stating they had my lost items. They still wanted me to pay shipping for the items they did not give me during pickup. They then changed their mind after 10 phone calls and a month later they did ship them to me for free. Of course they also closed my account which is no big deal. You can see my adventure in the post above.

Another Ahab

I agree. Their customer service routine is to never send any documentation to you. Never talk to the same person and never call you back. I complained so much they sent me 3 emails stating they had my lost items. They still wanted me to pay shipping for the items they did not give me during pickup. They then changed their mind after 10 phone calls and a month later they did ship them to me for free. Of course they also closed my account which is no big deal. You can see my adventure in the post above.
All this sounds pretty much like total condemnation of the whole operation and enterprise.

Wonder if the award of their operating contract was some kind of "no compete" award. Sure sounds like it:

- Has all the smell of insider trading/ cronyism

Like why should they care, nobody appears to be policing the program.

silverstate55

Useless
Steel Soldiers Supporter

My issue is finally being resolved. The squeaky wheel gets the grease...

Another Ahab

My issue is finally being resolved. The squeaky wheel gets the grease...
That works sometimes, it sure does:

- Such an old concept that it's even Scriptural, a bible passage of the Pentateuch (old Testament)

- Called the story of the Unjust Judge, or the story of the Persistent Widow

Can't recall the chapter and verse, but it's there short-and-sweet

Bmack02

Total nightmare. Nothing but lies. A bunch of placing the blame on others. Using a already blown up hoax for a excuse to be lazy, no return calls, emails. Waited almost 20 weeks now. And still no euc... cant imagine how long this is going to take bwfore i get it titled, or physically have posession of the item. Horrible customer service. Infact NONEXISTENT...

FloridaAKM

I have had good luck with Gov Planet so far, not to be bragging. My latest score was a Gichner S-280 mobile truck shop out of Albany. It is an excellant shape item missing only the CPU & the HVAC items that are taken out of all the shops during demil. The paint, walls, floors & electrical systems are in as new shape as it the structural integrity.

The loadout & pickup was handled by the Gov Planet Guys @ Albany & they were excellant to deal with. My only complaint is where GP has increased CC fees to 15% & you get hit with the actual 2.95% (or whatever it is) CC payment fee.

Maybe it is time to quit while I am ahead. ;-).

freaking102

I bought a trailer this summer, still waiting on my sf97. Wrote to customer service asking where it is,... they responded that govt ceased issuing them due to covid,...
So why are they even selling trailers and vehicles if govt now won’t transfer title?
The govplanet website had no warning that sf97s are no longer being processed.
Feels like fraud - they took my money for sf97, now say not being issued.
My first buy thru govplanet, and my last.
I would not have bought this trailer if I knew titling could be indefinite wait

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I bought a trailer this summer, still waiting on my sf97. Wrote to customer service asking where it is,... they responded that govt ceased issuing them due to covid,...
So why are they even selling trailers and vehicles if govt now won’t transfer title?
The govplanet website had no warning that sf97s are no longer being processed.
Feels like fraud - they took my money for sf97, now say not being issued.
My first buy thru govplanet, and my last.
I would not have bought this trailer if I knew titling could be indefinite wait
Take your purchase invoice or write up a notarized bill of sale. Go get it inspected and get tags. This would be what you would do had the trailer been bought from a state that does not issue trailer titles

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks