• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what branch/unit did your cucv serve with?

edpdx

I bought my rig (M1009) in Portland from a dealer with about 5 on his lot. He did not say where he got them. Maybe at Ft. Lewis. As I was sanding the bumpers, all I could find is "HQ 101"

No idea what that means.

warriorbob

my m1009 came from fox company, 1-151 INF, 76 combat brigade, Indiana ARNG... Ironically im assigned to Charlie company 1-51... Fox is our support unit lol

Sasquatch

Only HQ 101 I think it could be Is the Headquarters 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) out of Ft Campbell, KY. Probably got transferred up to a unit at Ft Lewis at some point.

topgun217

Hey, My M1009 and Warriorbob's are "twin's". I got same markings ! Mine is now displaying " Air Force Security Police Military Working Dog" markings after what I drove while station in S. Korea. With my own k-9 inside people always ask, it it real?

niferous

Only HQ 101 I think it could be Is the Headquarters 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) out of Ft Campbell, KY. Probably got transferred up to a unit at Ft Lewis at some point.
It depends on what side of the bumper it was one. We numbered all of our vehicles "HQ - ___". The numbers to an extent would id the vehicle's purpose. HQ-6 was out battalion commander, HQ-3 was the battalion ops/S-3, on up to HQ-5. Past that though it was just random. So HQ-101 is probably just the vehicles number in whichever unit it was in. If it was in the headquaters for the 101 ABN is would have said "HHC101AD". I was in the headquarters for the III Armored Corps and our left side numbers said "HHC3C" and then a triangle for armored.

ANYway my vehicle came from the 221st Ordnance Detachment (EOD) out of Camp Blanding Florida. When I got it there were a bunch of explosives placards and some hand reciepts for munitions.

OL AG '89

TXARNG 49AD DSC HQ-16
Texas Army National Guard 49th Armored Division Headquarters 16
S1 plt leader
so some REMF with a cooler full of Fajita meat and cold "sodas"
49th colors cased renamed 36ID.....

I served in TXARNG multiple Units we never had M1009 that I remember in any of units I was in
HHC 1-133 FA HHC (Houston)
HHT & A Trp 1-124 Cav (Waco)
HHC & C & E Co.1-141 Inf (San Antonio & Hondo)
HHC 36th BDE (Houston)

dragon1124

Trying to find out what I can about my m1009.

I found out it was from the 424th Maintenance Co out of Rolla MO. <Thank you again Carnac> Now I need to do some digging and find out how to make proper vehicle markings for the vehicle. I might call the 424th and find out if they have any info.

JAD561

Is there a special web site for tracing the vin # ? My m1009 is marked on the bumper "csms" and "auto" followed by either a 3,6 or 8. I was told by the seller that it he belived it was a new jersey national guard vehicle. I found a placard marked cwo4 ok. I would like to pass it on if any members here know who that is.

suggsdr

CSMS= Combined support maintance shop AUTO SEC. would be my guess.
Where we work we took the m1009 took off tow pintles use them for admin stuff bumper were on one side SCARNG other side csms-auto

Lurchwolf

Found out a lot about it this weekend. It was a Joint Task Force truck doing work on Alaska Road. I Googled that, and saw a photo album with CUCVs equipped exactly like mine in their motor pool. Also, I found the unit decal in a Ziplock bag under the seat that said "Rock Dawgs - Innovative Readiness Training - JTF Alaskan Road"

Explains the inch thick layer of mud I washed off it yesterday, lol.

Pretty neat! :grin:

rhinob

Mine came from Ft. Meade via the previous owner who bought it directly from the gov't with another M1009 and an M1008. He told me that mine didn't have antennas or radios, but it did have a big dent in the middle of the hood like something fell on it. It was a basic virgin militaryBlazer. The interior is extremely clean and has the original seats with only one 1" tear in the driver's seat. Markings only included bumper numbers left and right, but nothing on the body at all.

Any ideas what this one was used for? He speculated that it was a liaison vehicle used only for transportation of people when needed.

Attachments

My m1008 is an old Airforce Cucv unlike the marines and army and the national Guard the Airforce didnt mark thiers the same way the airforce used 2 digits (21,35,78 all examples ) I can see it now a row of airforce trucks numbered 1-78 ;)so i have no idea where mine came from im not even sure if u can find out now anyways if someone knows feel free to correct me i would love to know some my cucvs history

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks