• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what branch/unit did your cucv serve with?

2deuce

How do you guys know these things? I have had a M1028 that I was sure was in the Marines and now am driving a M1009 that was AirForce, but I only know these things from the different paint jobs, stickers in the cab (like runway codes), or accessories that were common additions of a branch of the service. I have a M1008a1 that never had the unit marking blocked out like most vehicles do. How are these deciphered? I would like to use this info to decipher other vehicles I have.

Thanks

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine came from the Wyoming National Guard. At one time it was assigned to Camp Guernsey. While I was still on active duty I drove it all over Camp Guernsey.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
How do you guys know these things? I have had a M1028 that I was sure was in the Marines and now am driving a M1009 that was AirForce, but I only know these things from the different paint jobs, stickers in the cab (like runway codes), or accessories that were common additions of a branch of the service. I have a M1008a1 that never had the unit marking blocked out like most vehicles do. How are these deciphered? I would like to use this info to decipher other vehicles I have.

Thanks
Did you try the 2016 VIN INFO Thread?