• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What could we feed our trucks when in a life/death situation?

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets say you are trying to escape the city after the zombie apocylapse has begun.
On the way out of town you run out of diesel/bio or the fuel of your choice...
What could you feed your truck to get you out of the city?

BTW I dont mean ATF, used motor oil, and the usual answers... I mean off the wall stuff like mineral oil out of a power pole transformer and "fuels" along those lines

lets see yalls good ol' American ingenuity strut its stuff
Could start here:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/alternative-fuels/14940-last-ditch-fuel-choices-multifuel.html

Also, if your really worried about the end of the world, get right with God.(you won't need alternative fuels or MVs.)
Last time I made a politically oriented post it was deleted by a moderator. Are religious admonitions OK in response to a fuels question?

zout

line up

U.S. Marines have a saying about God Fearing folks - kill em all and God will sort em out.
Think I will keep the Zombie attitude while everyone else lines up for the quick kill - end the end at least I still know where I am going - came in the world bloody - no sense in not leaving that way.
Keep enough fuel in storage and current to get you where you might want to go. Siphon from tanks with usefull equipment.

m109guy

There are only two types of people in a zombie apocalypse. There are the people that are prepared, and those that are not. The latter are also referred to as "lunch" for the zombies :D

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are religious admonitions OK in response to a fuels question?
Probably not, If you are offended, I apologize, if you are intrigued, PM me!:wink:

Maverick1701

Absolute emergency, if it will drain/strain through a double sweat sock and light and hold a flame it will get you moving for a period of time.

using tube socks as a filter..now that is a good idea for tough times (nat disaster, zombie attacks, red dawn style invasion etc)

Numbers

Soylent Green works or find the fattest one you can and render them down to drain the grease off the fat... Properly filtered they should both work.

ddskehan

If the end is near and we all are bugging out. If my truck runs out of fuel I may be screwed, but if somebody pulls up in a fueled up vehicle they are XXcked. Not for nothin, but my friends and their families come first. I'll try a short version of come with us diplomacy, but in the end the good of the many outwiegh...... blah blah you guys know the rest. I learned early in my military years that we are all capable of making hard decisions in a pinch.

Lets all be truly honest with ourselves. zombies, nuclear war, bio war. we are all going to be trying not to piss our pants. I'm planning on taking 2 55 drums with waste oil and diesel. 1 more with gas to run the generator.

Last edited:

littlebob

This thread has my confused mind thinking. I think we need to start planning the 2012 Steel Soldiers Zombie Apocylapse Rally. Everyone can start out with a full tank of thier preferred fuel,
bought or made with no extra fuel and do 1500 mile trip without buying any pump dispensed fuel for the rest of the trip. That would mean making about 4 tanks of fuel on the trip. Of course in a real Zombie attack there would be a lot pillaged things used for fuel that we couldn't do for the rally.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread is about to disappear, faster than the human race, when the zombie apocalypse happens!

joeypushjr1

tell me something dog ..why does it allways seem like your trying to stop people fromtalking on her abou things your allways pushing do the search do the search youll find it there... well some guys like my self probally not allways sure they did the search right or would like to see what someone eles has to say on the matter and ... to make sure they do it right...im not trying to start something with you just wondering why you seem to come off that way at alot of threads....sorry if i pushed some buttons with you but i just want to know.. thanx..joe

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I mention to use the search, I have no Idea if the person even knows there is a search function. I am just trying to make sure everyone is aware of it.

The are hundreds of thousands of posts on this site. So much is lost or forgotten, when it goes off the main page.

Today, Dug was looking for info, and it was already here. He only needed to search 2 simple words and spend 10 minutes reading. By posting a new thread, it only compounds the difficulty of using the search function, if it is a simple repeat question.

I do realise that there may be new info available, or old posts may not cover everything you may be after.

If you are persistent and creative , the search function can be very helpful. That is the only point I am trying to make, when I mention it. That and 20 threads with the same title(words) and following posts, seems like everyone is wasting their time answering the same questions, over and over.

I'm not ever trying to bum anyone out, I just know how useful it can be and I can't keep a secret!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well.....I am prepared for the (insert your paranoia here) up here on the mountain.
I plan never to be a refugee.
I will fight all comers and die here with a gun in my hand.
Don't need bug out fuel if you dont have to bug out.
And on the subject of bugging out...if you don't have a well stocked position to fall back to that is safe and secure you are just going to be another problem for someone like me who is prepared and not planning on welcoming empty handed extra mouths to feed.
I hate to sound cold but there is only so many people that my place will support.
And everyone has a equal opportunity to prepare...most people unwilling to admit that their little world is a fragile place and don't want the resposibility of providing for their own security.
They are sheep that require direction....right up to the time they are led to the slaughter.

scrapman

This thread has my confused mind thinking. I think we need to start planning the 2012 Steel Soldiers Zombie Apocylapse Rally. Everyone can start out with a full tank of thier preferred fuel,
bought or made with no extra fuel and do 1500 mile trip without buying any pump dispensed fuel for the rest of the trip. That would mean making about 4 tanks of fuel on the trip. Of course in a real Zombie attack there would be a lot pillaged things used for fuel that we couldn't do for the rally.
Don't forget funeral homes with the gallons of flammable embalming fluid & possible cannibal BBQ fixins' PS My bugout shelter is the nuke submarine I got from GL last year, just open the window & grab a fish when I want seafood. thinkin--thinkin--thinkinnnn....zzzzzzzz

Last edited:

dburt

Most likely it will be a NPW (nuke pulse weapon) that will put most of the USA back to the horse and buggy days. The electrical grid, computer systems, even the computers that run your car will be fried. Only the older MVs like the deuce will still run. So you can just go from vehicle to vehicle down the highway and use your Texas credit card (syphon hose) to extract gas or diesel to fuel your deuce. An obscure but very interesting historical fact: In 1859 the sun was in an intense solar maximum cycle and it sent out a huge geo-magnetic solar flare that fried the fledgling USA electrical and telegraph system. It literally set fires in electrical and telegraph offices, it did over 1 Billion dollars damage. In todays dollars, it would be about 1 Trillion dollars. Serious damage! So- if the sun were to do a similar attack on our planet during the next solar maximum cycle in about 2012-2014, it might just set up MV owners to rule the roads. Well, rule the roads with the military for a while anyway!

wsucougarx

Probably not, If you are offended, I apologize, if you are intrigued, PM me!:wink:
No need to apologize Doghead! Some people think speaking about God is like speading somekind of disease. I've found two type of people who get offended by the mention of God 1) Those who are convicted because of the wrong their doing in their lives 2) Those who are self-absorbed looking only to themselves for all the answer and ignorant to anything around them. Hmmm, what was this Country founded on? Not a religious statement but factual point of how the USA came into existence. The TRUTH has never changed, just man's ignorance. Plus the confidence in knowing God is watching over you will help keep you calm in situations of these so-called Zombie scenarios. I know from first hand experience. I know things would have been much different had I not had the faith that I have. Now on the fuel, keep your fuel tanks full and definately treat them with Diesel Kleene. I also keep 10 gallons in the rear in jerry cans. I have 3 deuces w/treated diesel ready for that storm.

Last edited:

FreightTrain

Banned
easy,drain pan,buckets,screwdriver and hammer.Drain the engine,trans,and fuel tanks from any and all vehicles you come across.Find a used car lot or scrap yard and have a field day.22rifle takes care of transformers both the big ones on the poles and the ground based ones behind most manufacturing facilities(Also,Hundreds of gallons of Hydrolic oil in most plants in machines and drums out back).New car lots have large holding tanks full of oil.Both fresh and used for the service bays.Trucking companies are another great spot.Thousands of gallons of Diesel and motor oil.Don't forget the Trailers.A lot of trailers have large fuel tanks on them for the reefer units.

Barneyszoo

What about waste printing ink, I work for a news paper and we have alot of it haled off. Its mineral and soy oil based but there's other suff in it, I think the the fule system might start to get built up after awhile

broman78

(in my best Inglori0us bastards voice) I'm in the zombie killing business and business is SLOW (/in my best Inglori0us bastards voice) . What about filters? Does everybody keep a good supply of filters or do u have the spin on adapter kit.