• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did everyone get from Redstone today?

dm22630

At about an hour and a half before the auction ended, someone placed an $850 bid on all 250 or so trucks. At least the ones that were below $850. At about 40 minutes left another bidder did the same thing with a $975 bid on every truck that was below $975.

This is why the trucks climbed like they did.

This should be ok to share, if not, let me know and I'll erase it. I'm not sharing bidder #'s.

There was a thread about this earlier. I think it was deleted. Long story short....half of us hate last minute bidders & the other half are last minute bidders.

Last edited:

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey DM22630, I deleted it. I never post information about auctions. This one was just very interesting. I understand that it's an auction, I have been buying large quantities of surplus from GL for years, trucks, trailers and equipment included. I no longer buy much surplus for resale. I could care less how people bid, in the 1st minute or the last 10 seconds, if someone wants something bad enough, their going to get it. My point was, the big boys were after these trucks for obvious reasons, supply. Just shedding light on why the prices went up so quickly on every one of them at virtually the same time.

keithc

I have a M35 that needs a bed. I am trying to buy a whole 1968 model with a bed. The guy won't part it out. How much does a drop side bed run? Does it have any troop seats?

Keith

jrou111

Not taken at Redstone?Great!I probably bought the one that the fork driver pushed off of the flat bed.
I'll be posting when I go for my recovery in a few weeks. If you want me to look at it lemme know. Of course, Wreckerman practically lives up there. :razz:

BTW, can someone hook me up with a m1009 key? :-D

TaylorTradingCo

I got the only real "M36A2" in the lot. I have been trying for months to get one and finally did. I got two really nice Deuces, one not so nice and a Studebaker/Packard one too.

I surely was hoping to buy about 20 trucks at $3-400 each, not!

Derek Taylor

dm22630

Hey DM22630, I deleted it. I never post information about auctions. This one was just very interesting. I understand that it's an auction, I have been buying large quantities of surplus from GL for years, trucks, trailers and equipment included. I no longer buy much surplus for resale. I could care less how people bid, in the 1st minute or the last 10 seconds, if someone wants something bad enough, their going to get it. My point was, the big boys were after these trucks for obvious reasons, supply. Just shedding light on why the prices went up so quickly on every one of them at virtually the same time.
I didnt mean to sound condescending....

Its just that MANY members on this site seem to think that there are "magical GL gremlins" that bid everyone up & whine constantly about it every week. It gets very annoying. There are not going to be any $300 deuces....I can assure you of that. If there were, I would have a lot more green iron in my yard ;)

My post was merely for others to know what had happened earlier today...

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, no problem. I was pointing out fact about why the prices did what they did. Thought it would be interesting. People in the business and here on SS have been talking about GL possibly playing around for years. That's not what I was refering to. That horse has been beat.

rat4spd

Didi you ever think that there are people that want to know what the bidding is doing on all of these trucks. Easy, place bids on each truck, if you win a few for cheap, all is well. Otherwise you know exactly what the bidding is doing.

rod

Not taken at Redstone?Great!I probably bought the one that the fork driver pushed off of the flat bed.

There is more truth to your statement than you realize. I went to Redstone on Monday March 16th to look over the trucks and noticed a few things:

#1 - About half of the trucks in auction 4107 were not even on the Redstone lot. The Redstone lot is a paved, not the grass or dirt lot that most pictures show. Also when we spoke to Mike (GL employee) he said some of the trucks may not even be at Redstone by the time the auction was over.

#2 - The Redstone lot does not have a loading ramp to unload the trucks when they come in on a flat bed trailer. They use a big forklift to unload the trucks. I saw them doing this while I was on the lot.

#3 - Most the trucks in auction 4107, which were on the lot when I was there on March 16th,, had forklift damage to the right fender. This is a result of loading & unloading using the forklift. We asked Mike (GL employee) about the damage and he said they had requested ramps or a loading ramp but they didn't have them.

Farmun

All I got was a headache and a case of mouse-click elbow. :cry: Geesh it still hurts.

There were several trucks that I was watching, and I didn't want to do the auto-bid. So I had to keep tabs on what was going on. The website gets really slow to reload when there's so much activity.

My son (10 years old this coming Tuesday) was really excited about the possibility of getting a deuce for his birthday. Actually it would have been a toy for both of us, but it wasn't in the cards this time around. I told him that not everyone gets a deuce on their first try at these auctions, but we will keep trying.

Congrats to everyone that got theirs !!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well.....after selling my last duece about 3 years ago and swearing that I would not own another.........

I bid on a Duece today at the Gov.Liq sale at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville. I won a nice dropside bed Duece which came out of the Florida National Guard. I know they all go thru rebuilds but this one shows 268 hours and 6700 miles. Whistler, with upgraded wipers, etc.....

Here are a couple of pictures when Dad, ChuckW and I went to look at it last week.

You needed a Mule hauler that would leave you deaf and sore, eh?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9ubCVHZyfY[/media]

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didi you ever think that there are people that want to know what the bidding is doing on all of these trucks. Easy, place bids on each truck, if you win a few for cheap, all is well. Otherwise you know exactly what the bidding is doing.

I bid on a ton of trucks just to see the ending price. And if I had won for what I bid i would have been a HAPPY man indeed...........................

Blood_of_Tyrants

Well, I wrote my representative and senators and asked them to look into the way that Government Liquidation allows their bidding. I find it hard to believe that the guy who bid $850 on 240 trucks has a credit card with a $204,000 limit. I asked them to look into it to see if GL is allowing fraud through negligence. My solution would be to allow a person to have a maximum of $10,000 in winning bids UNLESS you get pre-approval to bid higher. That would keep the bozos from bidding up the trucks.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I wrote my representative and senators and asked them to look into the way that Government Liquidation allows their bidding. I find it hard to believe that the guy who bid $850 on 240 trucks has a credit card with a $204,000 limit. I asked them to look into it to see if GL is allowing fraud through negligence. My solution would be to allow a person to have a maximum of $10,000 in winning bids UNLESS you get pre-approval to bid higher. That would keep the bozos from bidding up the trucks.
I can EASILY get a line of credit to handle that and WIRE them the money. I'll take 240 trucks for 200 grand. Seems like a money maker to me. What would REALLY keep the truck prices down is if NOBODY bid but me. That would be a lot better, huh?

Just bid what you can your budget allows and be happy if you win. At auction the HIGH bidder wins.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks