• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

meumar

Got her titled and tagged!
Deuce_newly_tagged.jpg
Now all I have to do is fix rear wheel seals, steam clean engine, find out where its leaking oil, fix the leak, drain 'n clean the fuel tank, replace filter w/ spin-ons, and . . . .

rwminck

Removed the dog bones and blasted and painted the chunk of steal thing, put on the cleaned and painted sling shackles and installed a rubber bumper under the bottom side. Hate the paint on the bumper being chipped by the shackle all the time. Removed the battery box bracket getting ready for paint. Man, the rear 9/16 bolt up on the inner frame rail is fun to get off! Was hoping to get the new radiator on, but didn't make it in this South Carolina heat today!

bumper.jpgpurch.jpgbatbox.jpg

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the same lockout hubs from JTONKA and I plan to install a spool , which is like a solid axle, so that when I diengage these lockouts, no wear on the front axle at all, but when they are turned on, its 100% aggressiveness, ( and Im told the spool has a mind of its own, they self steer)

Rmtaunton

Yes they do with a small jeep almost manageable , with 3200lbs on front axle and manual steering , well you will probably get out of the hole your in but in the direction the deuce wants lol unless it's sloppy mud then you can have a little as the deuce doesn't have a lot or steering anyway

HanksDeuce

I plan to install a spool , which is like a solid axle, so that when I disengage these lockouts, no wear on the front axle at all, but when they are turned on, its 100% aggressiveness, ( and Im told the spool has a mind of its own, they self steer)
Do you have power steering on your deuce? I hope you do. That spool will be a bear in deep ruts and obstacles with manual steering!

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hello HanksDeuce,And I do plan on Installing a power steering unit from a dealer in Fort Pierce, when it is available, and if it fits because its now installed in a deuce with a cat motor...This way I will nstall front mounted duallies as well........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks