• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im a strong paratrooper, but I thought it best to use my engine crane to lower the bumber.
I also found most of the new fasteners I will need, all grade 8. i ordered the lock washers too.
And heres a picture of my "power tool", its an oldie, and I think it was used to fix WW1 tanks !
I looked at your first picture and thought that the chain would un-wind but the third picture shows you changed it.

Keep up the good work. Don't drop the winch on your toe.

FloridaAKM

The 1985 Deuce I got from GP last September now is sporting troop seats & a complete cover set of bows, staves & the camo cover from the Bellview show a couple of weeks ago. The bows were a bit rough mismatched set, but some paint work will fix that. The staves were all fiberglass in great shape, & it was too dark to critique the cover as it got dark as I was trying to put it on. Pictures tomorrow weather permitting.

10/28/2018: No pictures due to the NOS cover I got as a Deuce cover is a NOS 5 ton cover. ;-(. Since it is a show picked up item, there is no returning it.
Anybody know how to make a 5 ton cover fit a Deuce truck?

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im afraid I made a mistake, it is a M108. Its a hydaulic boom mounted on a deuce frame.
I have been rebuilding one for a while now. A hard to find truck. Most all originally were air force trucks. I have thread here on SS with the build. They have a double frame , made a little different than a M35. All are gas trucks. I have converted mine to a multi-fuel

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today thanks to fuzzytoaster I mounted new seatbelts ment for a 5 ton. They fit great and make it so I have three belts in the cab.

Note: you may not know who put in the original seatbelts in your truck.... So a impact wrench is needed sometimes...

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spent the weekend flushing the coolant and replacing all the coolant hoses (some of which looked like they were VERY old), oil/filter change, and replaced both headlights.

Next up: go through entire electrical system... I have some guages that aren't working properly, the horn doesn't work, etc. Etc.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found my M35 with the air compressor belt broke, as if the compressor was stuck. replaced the belt and found the air pressure going to high, So I ordered a new and adjustable regulator. Vendor said he never saw one lick this!I may also install a test guage for it

Attachments

rustystud

I found my M35 with the air compressor belt broke, as if the compressor was stuck. replaced the belt and found the air pressure going to high, So I ordered a new and adjustable regulator. Vendor said he never saw one lick this!I may also install a test guage for it
Wow that is a weird one ! I've never seen one like that before either.

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fixed my leaking speedo cable/transfer case seal, with the help of Gringeltaube's post here; https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...-cable-leaking&p=354570&viewfull=1#post354570, or it can be found by doing a search for "8x14x5 Oil seal".

Found the needed seal (2 ea. for $8 w/free shipping) here; https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pack-Gen...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

First pic shows the speedo adapter and wet cable. 2nd pic shows that the bad seal allowed gear oil to leak into the adapter drive. 3rd pic shows the sleeve where the speedo adapter was mounted, and where the seal is housed on the transfer case (the little black ring on the end of the sleeve was the old seal, it was loose in the sleeve and about to fall out. New seal was tight, and had to be pressed in). 4th pic shows how HUGE the seal is (old seal on left, new seal on right),
IMG_20181103_125159942.jpgIMG_20181103_125800172_HDR.jpgIMG_20181103_125922945.jpgIMG_20181103_153214379.jpg

And I replaced my old injection pump oil lines. The one from the block to the pump was starting to leak a bit.

Tubes n' Hoses of Loveland CO. made me a new set of IP oil hoses for $19.58 total. Old vs. new hoses, and a view from underneath, of the new hoses installed;
IMG_20181103_110956899.jpgIMG_20181103_121248683.jpg

Last edited:

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced the manifold coolant hoses, and the rubber hose connectors going to the oil cooler.

The manifold hoses turned out to be much more of a chore than I expected... Mainly because I didn't realize I would have to disconnect the coolant manifolds and make all new gaskets. Blah.IMG_20181103_150201818.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks