• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter

jwentz57

Last week went to Coleman's in Millersburg . And got a set of troop seats and bows. This week got them all cleaned and painted and put on the deuce and a half.a photo of the truck I recovered the seats from .and some of the seats and cover on my truck

Attachments

FatBuddhaBoo

I finally brought her home! Only about a 35 mile journey, but it sure was fun. Had an occasional shimmy at full speed, and the left rear tire showed some odd feathering (definitely not full contact with the road). Dunno, but I got two new 9x20's for the front and will most likely un-flip the hubs so I can run duals on the rear for now. Also hit the door latches and drivers seat with a bit of WD40 to makes things move smoother.

:beer:

Attachments

Josh

Took my front end apart today. Replaced wheel bearings, axle seals and the boot. Accidentally screwed up one of the seals, so the passenger side will be done next weekend. Went to drain the dff and it was **** near empty, Was pleasantly surprised that my front end is the newer UJoint style tho. Brake shoes are starting to get a little worn down, brakes to be done next month. Otherwise all looked good and man those brake drums are heavy, as is the axle shaft.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New T-case, repacked bearings, lockout hubs........

Finally got all the new parts I had ordered put on the duece. We started off putting on a remote brake reservoir kit. I should have purchased the one in the classifieds, we pieced ours together cause I thought it would be cheaper. I actually spent $10 more than he is charging. Next we installed a new set of AVM lockout hubs. Then we repacked all of the bearings and put in new axle seals. Installed a pyrometer so I can turn up the fuel, but gauge was a little off so need to send it back. Next was the one thing I was really stoked about. We pulled out the old sprag transfer case which was in perfect working condition, just wanted an airshift. I found a pretty recent government rebuilt one (July 2008 still in crate) and we installed it and all the air lines. It was amazing that my brother and I got all of this knocked out from 6pm Friday night to 8pm Saturday evening. I really thought it was going to take alot longer to get it done. Saturday evening got to go take it out for a drive and it was so nice not to be locked in 6x6 in 1st gear anymore. Then Sunday took the truck to go wash it and put fuel in it. Decided sunday evening to drain transmission and fill with ATF to clean it out. Drained ATF and refilled with proper fluid.

wb9btz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took possession of My Little Deuce Coupe"

Picked up my Deuce from GL @ Ft Knox, KY. Spent 2 Hrs going over it to determine if it was road worthy. Found that it is, and drove it home 475 miles. No problems the entire trip. Ordered new soft top. Broke the parking brake cable. :shock: Ordered a new one. :p I also obtained a new switch for the heater fan and got that working. I have several minor things to investigate & fix but all in all I am very pleased with my purchase. Pix to come soon.

wb9btz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took possession of "My Little Deuce Coupe"

Picked up my Deuce from GL @ Ft Knox, KY. Spent 2 Hrs going over it to determine if it was road worthy. Found that it is, and drove it home 475 miles. No problems the entire trip. Ordered new soft top. Broke the parking brake cable. :shock: Ordered a new one. :p I also obtained a new switch for the heater fan and got that working. I have several minor things to investigate & fix but all in all I am very pleased with my purchase. Pix to come soon.

rronning84

Progress update:

I was able to score a NOS Air Dryer for an LMTV for my truck. I figure it will be a good investment for the cold winters in Alaska. I have not plumbed it yet but it is mounted securely and the vent door does still work fine.

I also have got a lot of work done inside. I have got most all the plywood up and have framed out the spot for the fridge. Also started the driver-side cabinets. The raised platform base will be a hiding spot for guns and ammo.

Also found a good fuel can that I will paint to match the truck.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fording compressor intake

Last week I installed a NOS air compressor, I read a few months ago about fording and wanted to install a good quality rubber hose that would not collapse when the air was sucking through it. I went to Tractor supply and found a 1-1/4"OD X 10' hose made for a washing machine discharge.

Looking at the pictures the hose did not fit right, kinda a tight spot so I clamped it onto the intake nipple and clamped on a double 90 in brass. I had a chit load of extra brass so I used what I had. Routed the hose to the firewall and into the Air cleaner nipple.

Clamped it all down and called it complete.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Respirator......?

Got it painted flat black today. I will sit on this for a while and see how I like it. Also have a lot done inside including lighting but that will be posted tomorrow.
My hats off to you on your most audacious BOV. I like the new shirt in black. I noticed when you were spraying the truck you were not wearing your respirator.

Whats up man, Safety first..!

Attachments

VP17IFT

Frankenstein hard top

I have been working on repairing the "cancer" on my hard top, I had to cut about 1" of rust around the bottom and weld in new metal. The sides and back weren't too bad but the front is a little more dificult but i have my able assistant Diesel for at least moral support and hold the garage floor down.

Attachments

AZdeuce5t

had some fun... went to the Mud Boggs!

I decided i wanted to see how the bobbed deuce would do in some thick clay type mud at our local mud bogs... Even with the mud being 3 feet deep of a thick soupy mess i still managed to make it about 75 out of the 100 yards. (which was further than any other truck what wasn't equipped with 60+ tractor tires) The owners of the mud bogs have a Cat D4 dozzer that they use to pull out stuck trucks... having to pull a deuce stuck in 3+ feet of very sticky mud (consistency of wet concrete) not only broke their chain lol but almost pulled to dozzer into the bogs. he ended up having to pull me out backwards, and still it taxed the crap out of the dozzer. it was a great time and the crowd loved the deuce!

Attachments

Woodsplinter

Went to a car show in central Phoenix with my Desert Warriors MV club. We drove a 10 truck convoy in, led by two Ural sidecar's with machine guns. Had riders waving flags and playing patriotic music and got a great reception from the crowd! Had a really fun time!
Pics attached, of course!

Attachments

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI well started and moved(in my yard)my M756A2,need to start the M35A2 next.
Be lucky your not doing an oil change on a M915A1 it is 3 & 1/2.....5 gal bucket's.

:grd::ditto:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moved the pioneer tool rack

Today I moved the pioneer tool rack to the back door. I used the same brackets used to mount underneath. Ran carriage bolts through the door with 4 over sized washers.

I am installing a diesel generator where the spare tire and tool rack used to be. Will post pictures of that mod when I eventually get to it.:driver:

Attachments

gungearz

Yesterday I drove it to the haspin rally with the wife. Last night we camped out in the back.... This morning and this afternoon we cooked breakfast and lunch. We are setting up to sleep in the back, while indy and sparky cook dinner.... That's it so far. Ill add more after we get home on Tuesday......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks