• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
as bright as these things are you might be able to see therm from there, its only 450 miles.

That kinda reminds me of a song.....

The lyrics never really made much sense to me, but the chorus seems to be a bit clearer now.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlBifX0H3yg[/media]​

I suppose that "through the process of illumination, you've shed some light upon the subject."

rofl:popcorn:

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pulled my starter in an attempt to fix the solenoid. After failing in my attempt, I took it to the local electronic shop. They told me that the solenoid was shot. Subsequently, I am the owner of a shiny new Delco starter, at a fairly decent price. Now, if it would just warm up enough that I can put it on the truck….

moriboy

For better or worse, I just spent a fair amount of $ at my local Napa store. Two new 6tl batteries will be here tomorrow.
I also installed a new winch lever and tried out the winch for the first time.

DieselBob

Now, if it would just warm up enough that I can put it on the truck….
Come on there Jim. Put them big boy pants on and :grd:
:wink:

Last time out I had some surging and didn't want to wind up very well so this past weekend replaced the fuel filters and tightened the belts and took a nice drive.. :) I really need to take the fuel tank off and have it boiled.

VP17IFT

Checked ALL the lug nuts and bud nuts, found 5 bud nuts loose. mu back and shoulders tel me its time for a geared lug wrench or a big air impact.

spicergear

I found out the guy I sold my non-crane winch deuce to had it overloaded with logs and way overhanging the rear and had his CDL buddy driving it and got him a nice fat ticket for no inspection, blocking license plate, excessive load overhang...the cop told the guy he was giving him the ticket because with his CDL he should've known better. OUCH... lol...just a little. :mrgreen:

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed my Ouverson locking hub on the forward-rear axle, (driver's side) and put two wheels with brand-new NDTs on the front.

This was done to my "new" USAF 1989 M35A2C.

The items I installed came from the 1971 M35A2 that I was converting to a tractor, but sold, (long story).

I couldn't let that Ouverson go. It is one thing that just makes driving the truck that much better. It should be a standard feature on the deuce. Especially if it is going to spend much time on asphalt roads.

I put a new radiator cap on, started it and let it come up to temperature for a bit, then shut 'er down.

Next will be fluids and filters (when the weather gets a little nicer), and new super-rope on the cargo cover.

Oh, and how could I forget... A few days before that, I drove it to the BMV for the out-of-state inspection, title and registration. I registered it for "farm" use and had to have it weighed. There was a scrap yard across the street with a scale. It weighed in at 13,580 lbs., (which I believe classifies it as "cruiser-weight")! When I drove up on the scales, akid jumped out of a loader and yelled, "You're not going to scrap that, are you?!" I said, "No," and pulled around for my slip. The lady did not charge me to weigh it, saying, "Anything military is free." I told her it was privately owned, but that I am in the military. I showed her my ID card and she said, "That's fine, but I still wouldn't charge you." (I think she liked the truck).

Last edited:

rednckii

Tagged titled and insured passed inspection no problem. Only problem i had was a row of cars about 20ft from bay i had to pull into. Did about a 5 pt turn and finally wiggled it into the bay went off without a hitch. Now just waiting for my personalized plates to get here QSM35A2. First thing inspector said was why the **** i drive it and when power steering goin in!rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks