• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

crazywelder72

that hurst would be perfect if the button was a push-on, push-off type. would run it to an air solenoid and air cylinder to replace the hi-low handle.
changing the buton configuration from a momentary to a latching switch would be easy and accomplished 2 different ways. First would to just replace the switch with one that would measure up close enough. Second (and a bit more complicated but still not rocket science) is to connect the stock switch to a "DPDT latching relay" (Doubble pole double throw) usually called a dpdt magnetic latching relay.

Tons of schematics online even some solid state relays that are less complicated. Any good electronics shop can help. I had to to a DPDT mag lat relay on my bike years ago for a custom hi-beam headlight of a micro switch.

now the easy question... what hi/low switch? mine is a lever.

joshs1ofakindxj

Yesterday I turned up the fuel a little and watched my digital pyrometer climb up to about 1025F. I'll give the screw another twist next weekend to get it up around 1150F max. I think I felt a little more giddy-up and go.

I also added the 90 deg exhaust elbow to the intake.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I changed the oil, and purchased a brand new set of fiberglass troopseats and bows. Now all i need is the camo cover. I seem to have ran out of money. :x
Where did you buy the bows? I need a set and haven't had much luck finding them.

Seth_O

I installed this same pyrometer. I liked it because it was inexpensive, 24v, easy to install and gives a very readible figure. I installed pre-turbo in the back half of the exhaust manifold down-tube.

The downside to it (I think) is that it doesn't look very 'stock'.

Attachments

joshs1ofakindxj

I installed this same pyrometer. I liked it because it was inexpensive, 24v, easy to install and gives a very readible figure. I installed pre-turbo in the back half of the exhaust manifold down-tube.

The downside to it (I think) is that it doesn't look very 'stock'.
Agree with all the above.

I'll take function over appearance any day though. I already have Nissan Altima bucket seats installed in my cab so I'm pretty far past looking stock. :grd:

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I searched for a nice driver's seat-back cushion and finally found a NOS one at Memphis. They shipped it quick and the price was great. I didn't have to buy an entire seat or re-cover the old one (but I will, for a spare).

Now I have nice, clean, matching drivers seat cushions.

On to the next minor issue. :)

Pretty spiffy A3 ya got there CanonNinja! What kind of deal did you get on the LED headlights?
I finally got the front running/signal lights reconnected on my deuce. I've never dealt with GL as I aquired my deuce from a private party, but I've heard a bunch of horror stories about abuse to vehicles like bending drive shafts and fuel tanks with forklifts and other atrocities. Has anyone else ever seen peices of wiring harness chopped out to disable the front signals? Is there a reason for this or was it just random destructiveness?
:confused:

Josh

On Friday/Saturday I changes the hydraulic head in my buddies truck.

On Sunday I spent the better part of 8 hours changing my tach cable. First time in the 3 years the tach has worked. The placement of the tach cable between the aircompressor belts is one of the worst I've ever done.

Troll1216

Spin on primary filter, with the assistance of Darkstar, lots of gojo, and one pissed off wife.

Also replaced the secondary and final filters, left those as canister type.

Spin on went on without a hitch - somewhat - except for the diesel shower.

While the fuel system was empty, as I defueled the truck (bad fuel and rust in tank) i cleaned and degreased the tank, hit afew patches of rust on the tank before they got bad, sprayed a little paint here and there in prep for the display events next month.

Last weekend (or the one before that) I removed the bench seat and installed a box style driver seat for the passenger to give me a little more room in the cab.

Thanks again Darkstar for the assistance and kicking me in the butt to get going and to Recovry4x4 for the Deuce 911 assistance calls. Hello my name is Troll1216, I have a sick Deuce now made healty again with the fine folks here.

Akicita

Over the course of the week, I took the radiator out, had it repaired and put it back in today.

Taking it out by myself I created a bigger problem than I already had when I bumped the rad against the winch lever safety. I had help when I put it back in today. I haven't tested it yet but trust it won't leak when I refill it.

Don't take your's out by yourself. It is really easy to knock against that safety latch, or something else.

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in the process of replacing the master cylinder, and I threw on a new starter relay to match my shiny new starter. It's been a slow go with all of the work on the M37...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks