• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

jbsapp

Spray-painted and installed new Anco 4101 wiper arms with Anco 3113 13" blades. $45 delivered from Amazon.

joshs1ofakindxj

Front driver side hub boot was leaking (old zipper boot leaking at the zipper) so I've been working on that all weekend. I'm replacing all seals and packing bearings. The seals and the bearings looks great so I'm going to hold off on doing the other side until it needs it.

Next is install the A3 electric wipers and bolt on all the new NDTs I have, then paint 3 color camo with wally world spray paint. We'll see how far I get today...

zombiekiller

I was planning to take the Deuce on a nice Saturday drive but the hissing behind the dash had other ideas. So went to Napa and had them make me some replacement hoses for the air shift switch and the air gauge. While I was dirty and all the tools were out I went ahead and repaired my blower motor that burned out on the first day I bought it.

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took the cargo cover off and all the bows then took the spare out of the bed and the carpet (in for parade duty) then I lifted my brand newly repainted S-280 como shelter and installed it into the bed of the Deuce, now the camper conversion will continue and all parade duty now falls to the 925!
KK

Rodger

Mine is an M109, so of course, I am making a camper. On Saturday I greased the Zerks.
On Sunday, I worked on and tested the dog ramp. Actually the dogs tested the dog ramp.
They approved it, with some hesitation. After the dog test, I replaced the anti skid surface with scate board grip tape. It feels like 100 grit sandpaper. Now the dogs can file thier nails when they run inot ond out of the camper.

Rodger

jbsapp

Plumbed some copper line from the transfer case air cylinder to the firewall and installed a front-wheel drive lock-in switch.

joshs1ofakindxj

Yesterday the girlfriend helped me wash the truck. We went and ate northern Chinese health food at a local restaurant while it dried it in the sun. Then when we got back we attacked it with $0.99 cans of flat black spray paint from Walmart and Rustoleum flat brown spray paint. 15 or so cans later it looks pretty good, and now I know the girlfriend can spray paint.

I used BBQ grill black high temp spray paint on the stack.

And yes, that is an octagon barn in the background.

Attachments

crazywelder72

I removed the 53's of axle 2 and 3 so i could swap out my wheel cylinders. However it was not the problem. New axle seals were needed and the brake drums needed a good cleaning (they were covered in clay). Axle 3 had to stay apart as i had to wait for a wheel stud via mail. continued to pressure wash the inside of the rims that were off the truck.

Attachments

Jesse6325

Tried adjusting the drivers side rear axle bearings to get them to run cooler.
Filled her up with pump diesel (OUCH!)
Hauled off one load of stuff to be recyled and a load of trash, Really gotta love alll that room in the bed!
Oh, And finally replaced the parking brake cable and moushache spring yesterday after work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks