• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

SMOKEWAGON66

Well, this weekend I began my preparations to sand-blast and prime the whole truck. I took the bed off and set it to the side to be blasted away from the truck so I can do the frame and axles/back of the cab un-hindered. Still have to remove all the lights, grilled, and cover the glass with steel tape. Im going to seal the cab from the inside as best I can and all openings in engine, trans, seals, breathers, etc. Im renting a 180CFM diesel screw compressor and an industrial blaster/ supplied air breather and I will be using medium grit coal slag...pics forthcoming :beer:

Attachments

bguy193

Replaced a bad fuel tank, bad fuel pump, installed a new fuel sender while I had the tank off, and finished off with a new set of fuel filters. Now my wallet is gasping for air. I hope for a good recovery.

steelandcanvas

I tinkered around all week after work on the Deuce. I installed an interior armor light in the cab, and re-installed the gauge panel for my boost and pyro. The boost gauge was operational for the event this weekend, but the pyro was not. Installing the pyro pre-turbo is a little more work than a post-turbo installation. This week I'm going to see what my toe-in/out is, front tires are cupping on the outsides. My wallet isn't so bad, I've had these items either previously installed or on the shelf.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rubenk

Ordered all of the filters and hope to do my first oil change when I get to my truck in a few days. As well as new headlight so i'm not running around like a pirate.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced the air cleaner and installed a solargizer, I silicon-ed it to the top of the hard top passenger rear corner and ran the wires down the back of the cab to the battery box, I secured the wires wrapped in the black flexi stuff to the existing 109 box wires with tie straps.

wrath243

I am new to this site but it has helped immensely with the learning curve on my m35a2. I just completed a 1700 mile trip with everything I own in the back of the deuce. It was a long trip but the beast ran great!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks