• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a little parts collecting lately. Some "donated", some bartered for, and some purchased (typically for bargain-basement prices 'cause I'm just too cheap to pay full retail for anything).

Now if I could just locate an EXTERNAL Environmental Control Unit for our Deuce I would be able to adjust the weather and play more without having to tolerate 100+ Temperatures :shock:

jwentz57

I fixed the turn signal problem i had discovered when i got my deuce last week it was the flasher box that was a easy fix and worked at sanding down the bed on it that is not a easy task need to get that done to get the title and tag the due to that i am going with historic plates on it that i can save on the cost of the tag

Wow coyotegray, did that truck sit in the desert? I don't think I've seen that much cracking on a deuce steering wheel? A few years ago, Rick Bacon on Musclecar showed how to restore a cracked up steering wheel. PowerBlockTV - Video
That is of course unless you'd rather just spend the cash and buy a new wheel, but this procedure would save ya some cash.
:beer:

crazywelder72

cutting and grinding, grinding and cutting... one of the previous owners had quite a few brackets and plates welded inside the bed. who knows for what but they goto go....

coyotegray

Wow coyotegray, did that truck sit in the desert? I don't think I've seen that much cracking on a deuce steering wheel? A few years ago, Rick Bacon on Musclecar showed how to restore a cracked up steering wheel. PowerBlockTV - Video
That is of course unless you'd rather just spend the cash and buy a new wheel, but this procedure would save ya some cash.
:beer:
I installed air assist for the stearing so Im going to replace it with a smaller\nicer one.. But it does help you grip it...:)

Rubenk

Worked on the truck Friday, got the new fuel line installed, and the pyrometer thermocouple installed. I ended up with an electrical guage, so I'll have to wire in 12v to it sooner than I had planned...Also unloaded the bed full of cut stone that came with the truck when I bought it, then swept and rinsed out the bed. She can actually climb hills now with proper fueling and 2,000lbs less weight!

Last edited:

m816

We have been bobbing one here at the shop. Replaced the front wheel cylinders, greased the berings and adjusted the front brakes. Put fresh batteries in and fired her up. major oil leak in the filters. (bad gaskets) we will be changing over to spin ons later in the week. We still have the rear brakes to fix and some more sheet metal work on the cargo box before painting and putting the for sale sign on it. Today we will be getting the five tons ready for two parades on Memorial day. (PM on both):)

gunboy1656

Mine got all new filters, a bath (of course it rained right after). {Ad to make it look clean for a parade tomorrow. Next week will be sanding and repainting the bed.

SMOKEWAGON66

Well this weekend I rented a sandblaster and attempted to get busy...although I probably should have waited and planned things out a little better. That and a few setbacks kind of rendered this whole weekend a complete waste of time and money. I did get some sand flung at the bed but did not get to finish. Apparently I rush into things sometimes before all the pieces have fallen into place. I need to work on that.

Attachments

lawdog1623

i finally got that friggin driver side door off. I had two bolts that were clinging to the truck with all they were worth. A little heat and they finally came out and i got the new door hung.

recon

Replaced oil pressure gauge and checked sending unit. Found sending unit was 120psi and pressure gauge was 60psi. Now they match. Washed truck for parades.
Recon
Dutchess County, NY

Seth_O

It's been more than a week, but lots of work done on the truck. I posted up for some specific issues in a few other threads, but here's the short list:

1) new HG (shaved and tested the heads)
2) inspected the bottom end, and installed fumoto drain valves
3) cleaned the injectors
4) built and installed new fuel lines
5) all new filters, and converted to a spin-on primary fuel/dewaterer
6) new compressor belt
7) coolant filter
8 )new-to-me D turbo (SO much quieter!)
9) new hose bits on the top-end since I had it all apart
10) clearanced the radiator shroud for the coming PS project
11) valve adjust - that sure reduced the clatter
12) new pushrods
13) replaced the leaking o-rings on the HH
14) disassembled and inspected the compressor
15) painted all the bits while I had them off - including the exhaust pieces

It sure was nice to fire the truck back up again after all that work and have it run smoothly!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks