• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

gunboy1656

Took my deuce and mule to a support the troops rally being run by the local Vietnam veterans. Got a fast lesson and how little respect people have for other peoples things.

Chased a few people who were eating dinner using my fenders and bumper as tables, only to have to do it again and again. One guy started to use the bed for a table, wife chased him off. Thought all was good until I did a walk around before I left and noticed someone spilled something down my bumper and never tried to clean it up. And I should mention one guy was considerate enough to put his dinner down right in front of a do not touch sign.

People were even rude enough to do it to our mule, with my dad standing right there.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took my deuce and mule to a support the troops rally being run by the local Vietnam veterans. Got a fast lesson and how little respect people have for other peoples things.

Chased a few people who were eating dinner using my fenders and bumper as tables, only to have to do it again and again. One guy started to use the bed for a table, wife chased him off. Thought all was good until I did a walk around before I left and noticed someone spilled something down my bumper and never tried to clean it up. And I should mention one guy was considerate enough to put his dinner down right in front of a do not touch sign.

People were even rude enough to do it to our mule, with my dad standing right there.
Sad commentary.

On a positive note, next year you might offer all that load capacity of your MV to the event organizers to haul in some TABLES to use instead of your Green Iron.

gunboy1656

Will have to work on that for next year, seemed to be no organization at the start. Took almost an hour before someone figured out where they wanted our trucks to park.

willy

gunboy,
You may want to put a sign stating that this is yours and not the goverments
People do not think we own this vehicles They told me what is it to you the goverment owns these.
I rented my stuff to the movie people and the acters wanted to go for a joy ride since these where goverment vehicles.
I am sorry to hear about your problems but you are not alone even former GI's think it is a goverment vehicle.
Hang in there may the tide will change
Willy:jumpin:

SMOKEWAGON66

I put the soft top frame I got from RedBeard on and secured. Thats about all Ive done lately...been distracted by an old crappy ford tractor lol....but this weekend I should get a bunch done. Might even mount the old style tail lights, also aquired from Redbeard. I really need to get hot on the primer and paint. I know she wont be a full Gun by the 4th of july, but I really wanna drive it in the parade :doghead:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Posting a sign like this may also be an effective.

The mere fact that the military used CARC paint on these vehicles makes this a VALID WARNING.....

- WARNING -
This FORMER Miltary Vehicle may have been used in
CHEMICAL
and
BIOLIOGICAL
WARFARE
NO FOOD, DRINK, SMOKING or
ingestion of ANY substances
within 500 FEET
REPRODUCTIVE
- DANGER -
Residue of
CHEMICAL AGENTS
may cause
FERTILITY RISKS
If you ever want to
have grandkids,
keep your children
OFF of THIS VEHICLE !
But then, we are assuming that these offensive people can actually READ !

joshs1ofakindxj

You need those spike strips they put in top of businesses to keep the birds off.

Last night I started wiring the 12v system on the deuce. I got the charging cable and ground for the battery done then it started to rain.

Farkle!

I did stop at a custom CB shop on my way home from work and found the dual antenna set up I want to mount on the mirror brackets. I just can't decide if I want 2' or 3' antennas!

gunboy1656

gunboy,
You may want to put a sign stating that this is yours and not the goverments
People do not think we own this vehicles They told me what is it to you the goverment owns these.
I rented my stuff to the movie people and the acters wanted to go for a joy ride since these where goverment vehicles.
I am sorry to hear about your problems but you are not alone even former GI's think it is a goverment vehicle.
Hang in there may the tide will change
Willy:jumpin:
Oh, the sign I had up said "Privately owned vehicle, please keep off".

johnh uk

Completely agree with you ! I did a show last saturday had a whole family climb in the cab !! didn't ask just climbed in !:twisted:

didn't like my impolite request to get out and go forth and multiply !!

Sunday I had to ask three different people to not cross the safety barrier and climb on my truck ??? justhad to fix the driver's door handle ,some kind soul broke it by swinging on it !!:twisted:

anyway on a positive note today I got a genuine usmc jerry can and two new reo shackles for the front fender ! well happy:jumpin:

still trying to get an original troop strap and jerry can strap... the hunt is on:grin:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had my truck locked with the windows rolled most of the way up at a show, only to come back and find the doors wide open.

A kid was just about hanging his full weight on my horn chain the 916 once. I didn't like that.

The day before yesterday, I re-upholstered the bottom of my driver's seat. Yesterday evening, I did the seat back. It's super comfy and rump-friendly now! I'll have to take some pics in the daylight tomorrow. I didn't get it done till after dark.
:driver:

SMOKEWAGON66

The day before yesterday, I re-upholstered the bottom of my driver's seat. Yesterday evening, I did the seat back. It's super comfy and rump-friendly now! I'll have to take some pics in the daylight tomorrow. I didn't get it done till after dark.
:driver:
So RedBeard, I take it that little shred of old canvas was enough to do the whole seat eh? Glad to hear it! Oh and I just thought of something...that old duffle has been quite a few places.. Alaska, Germany, and it did manage its way to Iraq so...that might make for an interesting conversation piece. [thumbzup]

Mike O

Changed all three fuel filters on my deuce today. I don't think they've been changed for 25 years as I cleaned about a pound of gooey sludgy crud out of the cans. The two on the engine were a breeze but the primary was a bit of a pain. Gonna run her to town tonight and fill the tank. Next on my list, replace the clutch, pull the radiator and take it to the shop for rebuild, new belts, hoses and T-stat. Also gonna replace the rear main seal and the rear tranny seal while I have the gearbox on the floor. It really never ends does it? ;)

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No. I have other obligations to attend to. I am looking forward to the Ga trails in October though.

caliber1

No. I have other obligations to attend to. I am looking forward to the Ga trails in October though.
Don, got some better pics of that hitch? Need to get something fabbed for mine. Got in some door handles with locks from Mills supply. Was gonna install tonight, but it looks like rain. Need to bead blast the chrome off first too.

So RedBeard, I take it that little shred of old canvas was enough to do the whole seat eh? Glad to hear it! Oh and I just thought of something...that old duffle has been quite a few places.. Alaska, Germany, and it did manage its way to Iraq so...that might make for an interesting conversation piece. [thumbzup]
I wish it did, but with the placement of the handle, gussett and strap, (not to mention the hole. lol) the position of the seams and stuff only gave me just enough to do the bottom of the driver's seat. And it looks awsome! Part of it is I gave the seat some extra foam and frame cushioning to make it ultra plush, but the fact that the canvas on it is more well-traveled than I am, I would think makes a great conversation piece!
I guess I'll just have to trap and skin a few more duffle bags to finish the rest of my seats.
rofl I kill me sometimes! LMAO!
BTW Smoke, I forgot to show ya the dang ambulance light bar that came in the back of my truck. It's got 5 rotators, alley lights, a single amber flasher facing rear, and it works. I'm thinking mancave item! lol [thumbzup]

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks