• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

joshs1ofakindxj

Gotcha, I'm thinking about mounting mine on the front of the bed or on the mirrors (dual antennas probably) or be a little more subtle with a single one on the front bumper. Too many choices!

SMOKEWAGON66

I took a couple pics of the top I just put on my deuce. Thanks to SMOKEWAGON66 for the roof and the CB outfit! Here's the best pic. I just have to figure out where to mount the 2 marker lights he threw in the deal. lol

Boy that lid sure looks good up there...much better then in the bed lol. Looks like a good fit. Ill have to throw up some pics of the frame in place...fits perfect on my truck...Its almost like these trucks were designed to be inter-changeable! Imagine that :whistle:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brakes, bearings, and axle vents. Its a bit more work than I expected, but fun none the less. Also DOT5 is really expensive haha
Important job! Looking at your picture, I cannot but point out how dangerous cinder block is when used to support a (heavy) vehicle. Don't do it. Get yourself some 6x6 and cut them into shorter lengths and make a square pile. Better, still, get four 6 or 8 ton axle stands.

I see that you tried and put the wood blocks onto the cinder blocks above the "double wall" but this is not safe. Imagine you are sitting on the ground with nowhere to go when one cinder block breaks, the load shifts on the other blocks and comes off.

Reason for rant: volunteer firefighter for 20+ years with several shade tree mechanic rescues and deaths.

Last edited:

SMOKEWAGON66

I fitted the side stakes and troop seat brackets that I aquired from RedBeardTheZombieHunter. Tomorrow, I will affix the new pine slats to both sides and front with all new mounting hardware and prep everything for paint. Hopefully by sunday evening, Ill have a complete, single color (24087) bed with complete troop seats ready to be re-attached to my truck. Im going to miss the 4th of July parade, but our town has a huge festival in August, so Ill see if the VFW will let me haul some troops in that parade :grd:

Last edited:

Rubenk

Well, being that I dont keep my deuce where I live, all I did for it this week was make a big list of things that need fixed, bought, upgraded, and modified!

eagle4g63

The hitch tube is from Harbor Freight (Tractor Supply also) And George makes the plates with all the holes in them......Bolt the plates in with the pintle and weld it up.....easy as pie. He was thinking of making some gussets for it also (I didn't need them as I only pulled a little pop up trailer)

lost in the bush

I started it and watched the tires inflate to their proper settig for hwy.
HA HA that never gets old.:grin:

PS. Did you know that if you try to start in "R" nothing happens? I had to curse for a minute before I noticed the Auto Gear selectors location. Duh.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks