• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My rapco paint order came to my door step in under 24 hours (awesome) but I'm still grinding out some rough spots and getting ready to prime. :jumpin:

AnonymousOne

Got an MA inspection sticker - I know doesn't sound like much but in MA they tear into your truck to check lots of stuff .. takes a mechanic a full hour do run though the check list and the extended smoke tests.

I was panicking that I might get a rejection sticker and have to spend a grand to fix something, so when I dropped her off I made sure to tell all the mechanic's that they should feel free to driver her as she is a lot of fun.

First thing that happened of course was that all mechanic's stopped working and rushed over to check her out .... under... over .. inside ... my poor girl violated by so many .. they where thrilled to get some hands on .. I think that she was their second MV they have ever had in the shop.

I got my passed sticker .. I am happy .. shared the MV bug .. who knows if any of them will get one but I am sure there are a few thinking about it :)

Attachments

RECONJON

Nice! I will say that not too much is easy in Ma. How did you have to register it? Commercial plates? How about the insurance? I have a buddy that lives over the border from me and he had a tough and expensive trip to his plates. My was hoop riddled too, but I was able to get Ins. out of state and it was very cheap. My dad is in the insurance business and kept telling me how hard it would be to ins and reg in Ma. Another good guy wins!

Happy humming down the road!
Jon

martinwcox

AO, welcome to the club, where in MA are you located, I am up in Wilmington and Crazywelder72 (Dave) is in Winchester, lets plan a convoy date!

Cheers,

Martin.

the buddah

auaok replaceing the driver outer bearing on my A3 and that cost 239.00 so after i am done that wheel its all the other wheels clean and repack that should kept me busy for a little while lol

Chuck76

over the past 2 weeks..... new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing.... only took 3 days of off and on working on it, to replace and install. Battery disconnect switch. Adjusted transfer case linkage.... she was stuck in low.

AnonymousOne

Nice! I will say that not too much is easy in Ma. How did you have to register it? Commercial plates? How about the insurance? I have a buddy that lives over the border from me and he had a tough and expensive trip to his plates. My was hoop riddled too, but I was able to get Ins. out of state and it was very cheap. My dad is in the insurance business and kept telling me how hard it would be to ins and reg in Ma. Another good guy wins!
Jon
Here is what I did for MA

• Commercial Registration - $340 (17k GVWR – a few k short of actual so I can’t load it all the way up)
  • American Collectors Insurance - $267 – very limited activities are insured
  • Truck - $9,500 .. I stretched an extra $1,000 because it had a winch. I figured I could get it back if I had to re-sell the truck.
  • Tax - $580 (6.25% in MA)
  • Filter kit (all of them) $170
  • 20 gallons of 15w40 $220
  • Chock blocks, backup alarm and other safety gear $200 for inspection sticker.
To qualify for the insurance I had to send them a pic of a Deuce in a lockable garage... I mean MY deuce in a garage.

You can read about my experience here doing the math ...
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/90811-so-you-want-mil-truck-here-what-they-cost.html

martinwcox - I have only been driving it 4 weeks on the weekend now so I need to put about 150 miles on it before I do any trips to visit folks .. This truck sat idle for 8 months before I got it .. so I think "murphy's law" is waiting for me around the corner ... :oops:

Till I can get on the big parts of the project, I'll just have to get my happy on by taking on the little silly jobs like replacing the retainer string that keeps the slave receptacle cap from getting lost. Mine was rotted away to nothing, so I replaced it with a piece of 4130 paracord. :mrgreen:
Don't wanna go and lose my slave receptacle cap! The MV gods hate a dirty slave receptacle! :evil:
Last night I had a little free-hand fun with a Sharpie, a red paint pen, and my intake cap. I think it feels kinda like improvisational combat zone MV artwork. Know whatta mean Vern?
:beer:

Attachments

Last edited:

lawdog1623

To qualify for the insurance I had to send them a pic of a Deuce in a lockable garage... I mean MY deuce in a garage.

This is so funny to me. I wonder how many people have answered a knock at the door and been asked ....."excuse me, i know we have absolutely no relationship so im going to assume you're about to call the police on me, and ill end up going to jail for criminal trespass but before you call ....may i photo my cartoonishly large military truck sitting in your garage?" "Oh, yes sir this is totally legit but if an insurance agent EVER knocks on your door asking to see this truck, please tell them someone has taken it for a spin and immediately call this phone number"

Welder Sam

This is so funny to me. I wonder how many people have answered a knock at the door and been asked ....."excuse me, i know we have absolutely no relationship so im going to assume you're about to call the police on me, and ill end up going to jail for criminal trespass but before you call ....may i photo my cartoonishly large military truck sitting in your garage?" "Oh, yes sir this is totally legit but if an insurance agent EVER knocks on your door asking to see this truck, please tell them someone has taken it for a spin and immediately call this phone number"
:funny:

SteveKuhn

"...may i photo my cartoonishly large military truck sitting in your garage?"... LawDog1623

We have a guy locally who has a collection of digital building pics w/ doors. Give him a digital picture of of your Deuce and magically he parks your Deuce in the barn or garage of your choice.

Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks