• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

SMOKEWAGON66

Didnt get a whole lot done this weekend. Was a lazy one lol. I did get the frame and suspension pressure washed and degreased, and the bed reinstalled. I need more paint to finish, but as usual, the $$$ seem to be a little shy this go round.

Attachments

lawdog1623

I sat a handgrenade under the hood closed the hood and pulled the pin. Well, thats what it looks like. I disassembled the front side of the engine to begin the arduous task of blasting and painting parts. This is a loooooooooooong hill to climb. It started with a coolant flush and now the engine is in a million pieces. aua

machinist75

Removed a perfectly good "D" turbo and installed a whistler. She can whistle Dixie now, gotta love it. Also installed offset bracket for antenna. Ever since I put on the convoy lights a had a good antenna and base laying around.:D

Chuck76

with alot of help, pulled the injectors and checked cyl compression... everything checked out fine. Now I have to finish installing the return lines on the injectors and fix an oil leak. Pulled the frt most oil filter so #2 injector was easier to get to. Reinstalled and now its pouring oil.
I have enough line to replace the return lines, bought enough ferrals but forgot to get the inside part(?) aua I may just cut the old ones out of the lines and reuse them.

RECONJON

We had a transmission fuild change, I stayed with the 15W40, my trans temp has always been normal so I didnt want to change anything. I used the Drain/fill and Drive method. Found the the NAPA 1551 Ext Tran Filter not right one. Got that corrected with the Fram PH3519A. Road tested and All was well. We learned a lot about each other this weekend. Its obvious these trucks respond well to the right stimulus. Maybe it was some jealousy on "Patricia's" part when someone I have never seen before drove by the house in threir A2 Blowing a hello out to us as we were working. I heard him round the corner (hard to miss the sound of a multifuel herc) and as he emerged from the trees that line the property, he steamed by blowing his horns.

joshs1ofakindxj

Installed a battery cut-off switch and drove the truck over to the local Sunday car show.
APM, where did you get that cutoff switch? I like the removable key feature!
Now don't every one rush out and get one of those at once. I have owned several of those plastic battery disconnect switches over the years and have had a lot of problems with the majority of them.

The worst case was when it limited current flow to my vehicle from the battery when it was on, which could be a problem with the high amperage deuce system. I removed the switch from my jeep and all my charging and running problems went away.

The most common problem is the switch breaking and not making contact internally which leaves you dead in the water and you have to make a bypass. I would say half or more have done that to me.

They are a pain in the rear and I will not use them anymore. :mad:

I don't mean to knock the guy's work. He did a good job with a nice install I think. I would of done the same thing if I wasn't sold on those switches being crapola. Maybe a higher priced higher quality price is the way to go.

Last edited:

Chuck76

i installed a battery cut off switch just about in the same location, just about 1' higher. The one I used is all metal...lever and housing. You cant take the leaver off of mine. I'll try and post some pics tonight or tommrow.

Attachments

Last edited:

Blueduce

Other than pump some gas in to her and run up to the air show last Saturday not a d**n thing. It's to friggin hot down here. 103 on the shade give me a break.

Attachments

Last edited:

1970amgeneral

i was trying to fix my horn ( m35a2 ) but it couldn't get it working the solenoid switch and air works i can hear it click and i can hear air blowing through the horn but no sound..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks