• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

caliber1

Now don't every one rush out and get one of those at once. I have owned several of those plastic battery disconnect switches over the years and have had a lot of problems with the majority of them.

The worst case was when it limited current flow to my vehicle from the battery when it was on, which could be a problem with the high amperage deuce system. I removed the switch from my jeep and all my charging and running problems went away.

The most common problem is the switch breaking and not making contact internally which leaves you dead in the water and you have to make a bypass. I would say half or more have done that to me.

They are a pain in the rear and I will not use them anymore. :mad:

I don't mean to knock the guy's work. He did a good job with a nice install I think. I would of done the same thing if I wasn't sold on those switches being crapola. Maybe a higher priced higher quality price is the way to go.
I have some taht are all metal, don't remember the amperage. Put one in my battery box w/key. Also have some non-keyed, like a previous poster posted a shot of. The keyed switch has the same body, just a key slot instead. Have used the plastic ones in coaches, which don't vibrate like an MV and they were okay. Just wouldn't trust them in a deuce. I believe the one I used was rated at 2 or 300 amps.

Here are a few. I took them with my phone sorry there sideways. Don't mind the wiring, I was in a hurry .
No problem, thanks for the ideas. :D

i was trying to fix my horn ( m35a2 ) but it couldn't get it working the solenoid switch and air works i can hear it click and i can hear air blowing through the horn but no sound..
Sounds like the diaphrams might be busted, or whatever they are called. A thin metal disc that vibrates as the air passes.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never even tried my manual washer, are they that anemic?

Holy cow Goldneagle, with that muffler, can you hear your truck run?

The manual pumps are for crap! I did notice a difference between my A2 and A3. The A3 tubing has a check valve in it (guessing so it doesn't lose prime), but the A2 tubing does not. I installed an NOS washer kit in the A2 about three years ago and it worked almost fine for about a day then never worked again. The electric pumps are the cats rear end!

barefootin

The manual pumps are for crap! I did notice a difference between my A2 and A3. The A3 tubing has a check valve in it (guessing so it doesn't lose prime), but the A2 tubing does not. I installed an NOS washer kit in the A2 about three years ago and it worked almost fine for about a day then never worked again. The electric pumps are the cats rear end!

You can't beat the electric pump but you can buy a check valve and install it after the manual pump. I installed one on my MG years ago and even if it sits for 3 months it only take one pump to spray the cars windshield sitting next to me :)

Deucenut

Replaced the oil pressure sending unit and now have a good oil pressure reading. What a relief. Also mounted the batteries well and solid. She is now ready for the road.

Woodsplinter

Hey Smoke- your paint job looks great! You have a truck to be proud of. I'm planning on painting my deuce the same color as soon as it cools down.
Are you going to leave your rims black or paint them also? I'm up in the air about whether or not to paint my rims to match the truck.

ryan77

Adjusted the valves, Turned up the fuel today!! Holly ****e muslims did that make a difference! Trucks runs like a raped ape!!!

SMOKEWAGON66

Hey Smoke- your paint job looks great! You have a truck to be proud of. I'm planning on painting my deuce the same color as soon as it cools down.
Are you going to leave your rims black or paint them also? I'm up in the air about whether or not to paint my rims to match the truck.

Ive been up in the air about it too...the black rims look cool against the green, but since I am replicating a truck that really existed, Im going to paint them too. Im down to just all the annoying stuff to paint, the rims being one, the mirrors, some brakets and mudflaps etc. hopefully it will be done in 2 weekends or so.

DeucesWild11

Well I didn't use the deuce, but put my M105 trailer to work picking up a 275 gallon heating oil tank. Also had about 85 gallons of good heating oil in it! That went right into the tank at home. That's about $300 of heating oil for Free! And now I have a nice big tank for my WMO too!

Clay James

Got the new Firestone T831s mounted on my powder coated wheels! Also rebuilding the whole brake system. Rebuilt all wheel cylinders and I'm replacing every brake line. It's comforting seeing brand new brake lines everywhere.

Attachments

Chuck76

Started swapping the HH .... lost the retainer clip that holds the button on the bottom of the plunger in place... had to order one this a.m. Plan on checking/ adjusting the brakes and park brake this week

Docuscg

This week I went from primer brown to HULK GREEN. Truck dried a little darker then what the picture shows. Next week I hope to have all camo colors on and maybe all the undercoating finished on fenders and bed. Right now I have to cut out my new mud flaps. -------- Getting there.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks