• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

shadowrwolf

(With some help) I got the S-280 to it's semi permanent (as long as I own it) place atop the M-36 and got a wheel seal redone.

do you have the refrence and tie down placks for the contaner?
if not i can send you the pictures and measurments of them, have them on the side of some of the shelters down here at my work.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Removed the old seats and installed new Humvee seats in my Deuce.

Adjusted my peddles lower (for access with long legs), brother made rubber donuts on the peddles so when they are released the rubber donut is between peddle and bottom of floor. Also seals the hole in the floor where the peddle goes through.

Bolted on new (to me) bridge plate on the front

Attempted to recondition the military batteries in my 109, no luck. :cry:

Painted my boarding ladder to match the truck and modified the brackets to hold it more securely to the truck, without having to use rope. Got my PA/Stereo switch fixed. Adjusted the orientation of my wipers so that at rest the truck has a more aggressive look. About to do some touch up work on the hood paint and diagnose why my CB isn't receiving signal.

Attachments

SteveKuhn

"Painted my boarding ladder to match the truck and modified the brackets to hold it more securely to the truck, without having to use rope..." RamblingWreck

I use mine in the traditional way but I've noticed that it tends to scratch the truck's paint. My To-Do list includes putting trimmed rubber inside the bracket to minimize that. You might want to consider it as well.

In your design, a piece of snug fitting bicycle inner tube slid over the part that rests on the tailgate might be useful. I've done that with several things keeping it tight enough to need some light lubricant to slide it on.

Nicely done.

Steve

jwentz57

I did the wiper upgrade that I read about here using the anco 4101 arms and the 3113 blades got the wheels painted that I got off of chuck10 and took her out for a spin and got to try her out off road the first time that I got to do it and she did great:beer:

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced a leaking wheel cylinder on the right intermediate axle. Emptied a couple more rattle cans on her. Replaced the lenses on the tail lights. Replaced a two amber reflectors and two red reflectors. Shot some PB Blaster on the door hinges so I can get in/out easier.

Clay James

One step closer. I was getting a good pace going, but then it started to rain, so I had to put it back in the garage...
Looks outstanding! That's exactly what I want my deuces to look like. One of these days I'll get around to painting them. The mechanical stuff is taking up all my time and money.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Smokewagon, your truck looks great. I like the rear wheels painted like they are. I have to say, I think 24087 is the best color for the M35s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks