• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

RECONJON

With much anxiety and heart ache. I sold my truck in preparation for the next one. I had spent the past couple months doing little things and then decided to take it down to metal in the problem areas and give her a new outfit. As much as I loved this truck it was acceptable to grant ownership to a great guy from CT. I feel good about her having a new home and have been informed she is staying indoors with two very nice A2's.

The next one is shown last, my first truck when I first got her home is last pic. I hope to cure my depression and pick up this weekend. Upgrading...

Attachments

Last edited:
I finally got all the rusty old screws busted loose and got out the latch on the passenger door to find out why it wouldn't open from the outside. Turns out, some nitwit thought he could get into the cab by forcing the handle with the door locked from the inside, and blew apart part of the latch assembly. After taking that part of the latch apart and administering a few well-placed love taps, I got the assembly back together and working properly. While I was at it, I loostened the bolts that hold the windshield outer frame and let the hard top pull the frame straight so the door windows fit right finally. Two more piddly little issues later, I got a feeling of accomplishment and the old girl is just that much closer to the way I want her.
:grd:

rronning84

This week I found some time to finish building my light rack, got it all wired up, bed lined it for protection and got it mounted. I need to upgrade the head lights now as they do not even make a difference compared to fogs. Also started on the gutting of the back of the truck. After taking it to a couple of RV re-modelers it became obvious that this will be easier, quicker, cheaper and more rewarding to just do myself.

Attachments

RECONJON

:driver: Dear Mom,

Success is sweet!

We made the ride home from the back back woods in the back woods of Maine. Absolutely amazing truck. As a prior A3 owner and lover of it. I can say I love this one more! I never understood the many differences until this ride home. I do miss the convienence upgrades that the A3 got. This truck drives me! And the awesome melody that comes from the whistler is nothing short of erotic quite soothing. 311 miles of which 25 were off the path mudded up and very soft. A great ride, my poor inspection after getting some food aided in me loosing a sheild and window somewhere about littleton Mass. I saw it fall to the breakdown lane in the mirror. Im happy we only had that as an issue. All else went much better than expected. 311 miles on 31 gallons, with a top of just under 62. The hills of Maine were an excellent get to know her place. Loving the 5 speed. I do miss the A3 she was a jewel, but nothing compares to this one.

Frag Out!

Attachments

gungearz

This weekend so far... I added the dynomax 24216 muffler, had the upper radiator hose neck silver soldered after I bottom the truck out at haspin. Installed it... Started to grease all the zerk fittings. Front is done. Back will be finished tomorrow

Welder Sam

Im geared up to do alot( new hard top, new radiator, air steer kit, electric wiper kit, spin on kit, seats, early 818 instrument panel, and some other stuff.) Just havent been able to get to it for upgrading the wrecker!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:driver: Dear Mom,

Success is sweet!

We made the ride home from the back back woods in the back woods of Maine. Absolutely amazing truck. As a prior A3 owner and lover of it. I can say I love this one more! I never understood the many differences until this ride home. I do miss the convienence upgrades that the A3 got. This truck drives me! And the awesome melody that comes from the whistler is nothing short of erotic quite soothing. 311 miles of which 25 were off the path mudded up and very soft. A great ride, my poor inspection after getting some food aided in me loosing a sheild and window somewhere about littleton Mass. I saw it fall to the breakdown lane in the mirror. Im happy we only had that as an issue. All else went much better than expected. 311 miles on 31 gallons, with a top of just under 62. The hills of Maine were an excellent get to know her place. Loving the 5 speed. I do miss the A3 she was a jewel, but nothing compares to this one.

Frag Out!
Folks are always surprised when I tell them that I get 10+ mpg (mostly in-town driving). That's better than their Crew Cab Dually Pick-ups get!!!

Congrats on the new ride !!!

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks are always surprised when I tell them that I get 10+ mpg (mostly in-town driving). That's better than their Crew Cab Dually Pick-ups get!!!

Congrats on the new ride !!!
I have been getting very good mileage on the HWY. Something close to 12 mph. I need to take a few more readings to get an average, but that is what I received on my recovery of the truck coming from OK to Texas.

hangfire

I was able to get the Primary and Secondary Spin on fuel filters installed, replaced a broken rear lug stud, mounted a gerry can holder and can, ordered a pioneer rack and cut up an OD canvas tarp and sewed up drivers set covers using the old covers for a pattern. Nice having a heavy duty sewing machine in the tack room. Drove it to town to get Sonic happy hour drinks.

Mike

RECONJON

:driver:We have started the rehab, truck was in good shape to start so Im feeling it wont be to bad. Started in the box, removed the cabinetry, cut out sections of the floor that appear to be needing attention, Removed one lower panel to see what the condition of the inside of the "walls". I plan on adding some sheet metal, or steel plate depending on what is available. After the new metal, snow and ice shield as a vapor barrier and then the wood floor. Its the start of a project that has already proved rewarding. Here are a few pics of the on going project.

Attachments

SMOKEWAGON66

Yesterday, I got to show my truck off for the first time. It was just a small car show they put on at my work for the employees on the annual family day. This year was the 15th anniversary of the first flight of our jets so they let us bring our muscle cars, antiques, hot rods etc. and park them on the flightline, with one of our jets as a back drop. They took some good pics of the whole group, and some individual pics with the jet..(an F-22 Raptor). So in a week or two, once the PA office reviews and releases the pictures, I will definitely post them here.

Broke Down

I finally got mine running right (atf and gasoline mixed with diesel) and the brakes fixed, o have driven it over 70 miles this weekend. I took my nephew for a ride the come back and loaded the kids up, all eight of them, for a ride while the family was visiting. It was a good weekend!

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the cargo cover off, removed the bows and troop seats. Cleaned the bed rails off with a cup brush on a 7" angle grinder. Already did the sides and bottom. Applied NAPA rust inhibitor on the bed, bedsides and bed rails. Waiting on my Herculiner to arrive and will put it on. The bed should look awesome.

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Modified a new fiberglass stepladder to get in the back and then took her to the shooting range in the hills and came back with a leaking valve stem. Pulled tire (lucky it was an outside duallie); will take to shop tomorrow.

Attachments

wrath243

Some clutch questions

Just started tearing into the clutch/driveline today to replace the clutch on my M35A2. Anyone have any advice or tips for the job? Just wondering if there are going to be some unforeseen problems ahead. Also, is it necessary to pull the whole tranny or can the clutch be put in with minimal part removal?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks