• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

212sparky

I installed spin on oil filters. Reinstalled my marker lights on the bed and reinstalled my mud flaps since i just replaced my bed after it being wrecked at Haspin Rally by a run away deuce. Just have to finish mounting the rest of my flood lights.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Being somewhat on the large size ( OK extra large ) and having a heck of a time climbing into the bed of the deuce, I decided to build a set of folding tailgate steps. 3/16 steel strap and a welder
They work great for me!:jumpin:
I had a terrific idea, Would you or shall I say can you put this product into producion..? Looks easy to make. All the buyer has to do is install, weld a few tabs. looks like a "if it fits it ships" size to me.

I would like to order 2 please,lol

Good idea..!

RECONJON

We had a great ride to Willamantic DMV for Vin Verification and then to Putnam for plates. A mistake made at willamantic caused a brief delay. 3rd to last vin digit was copied wrong, luckily I have a good repore with the office ladies, the 2nd MV in 2 months. She came out to truck and checked saw the error and approved the plates. Then on to to work. The Collins Foundation was in the skies above me saturday. I think they we checking out my 109A3.

Attachments

Flushed radiator, filled with new coolant. Drained all three differentials and filled with new gear oil. Changed transmission filter and fluid.

Took it for a long ride :)

flyingmikester

Installed newly re-built Injection pump. Took it for a test drive in which I broke a the top torque rod on rear axel, which caused the rear drive shaft to break. Got the drive shaft off ratchet strapped the axel back up right and drove home. I was so mad at myself for breaking her again that I put a new front wiring harness on to show her that I do still love her. She is still mad at me though, I went to start her after the new harness install and I only got the buzzer and no turn over. ;) Any one ever send flowers to their truck to say sorry for beating on em?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remounted Fuel tank and Fuel seperator/pump.

At first I was happy the tank and the fuel separator fit in the box with the tailgate closed. Then I was rethinking the whole thing.

I took a good look at the 308 gallon fuel tank. Originally there was a Cat 250Kw generator mounted to the fuel tank. The tank was the base. The actual tank is a double wall baffled tank with 38.5" extra frame built onto it to support the generator.

I cut off the left side 38 1/2" and I had only 1" to spare getting the tank in the box horizontal up against the back wall of the Deuce bed. The tank is mounted through the bed. I used 2" angle iron with grade 8 nuts, bolts and washers. I then slid the fuel system 6" from the tank and secured it the same way.

Now I have an extra 7' of usable space for anything to haul. This weekend I am going to plumb it in and go get my first load of free fuel with the new system.

Edit,

Just attached the TM for the Fuel Filter/water separator,24v slaved, pump.

The last 2 pictures is how I originally had the equipment mounted.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jimma

Removed the troop seats today to put a fresh coat of paint on them, cleaned out the bed to paint the floor, ordered some fuel filters so I can change them and did some touch up painting here and there.

Woodsplinter

Built and installed an "up-armored" console/cup holder. Couldn't find one I really liked so I built this one which can be locked. Has lots of room inside and a removable bottom tray that reveals a hidden compartment- a place where you can store, well, "valuables"..

Attachments

maahes

Crankcase oil change today, first since I bought the truck so since I didnt know how old it was and it was quite thick and black, it didnt go in the tank. I didnt want to dirty up my shiny new HH!
Took it for a 20mile test drive and filled the tank with fresh diesel.

Saturday I changed both axle flange gaskets on the rear axle, changed a zipper boot on the front.
Today I made a folding step for the tailgate similar to the one Misterbill64 made in reply number 1079.
I made mine bolt on using the original holes from the tailgate step.
Nice work, it looks really good. I bought a boarding ladder a little while back from another member and although I am very happy with the ladder I am thinking about installing a fold out ladder similar to this. Has anyone used angle iron, with one side of the iron cut down except at the very end, so that the angle piece remaining on the lower section catches on the upper section? This would eliminate the need to use a pin to hold the lower portion in place. Basically it would support itself through design instead of a pin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks