• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

FatBuddhaBoo

Those hubs sure look like they are not flipped from here.

Who did you buy it from and is the paint fresh?

It looks more like someone had a couple of flat tires and just yanked the outer duals to cut a corner.
Paint is the same as when he bought it at auction. He's a member on here and it was bought locally. It came from auction on singles, and I'm gonna believe him that they were flipped. I'll be driving her home this weekend (it was late last night) so I will definitely know then.

Heath_h49008

Paint is the same as when he bought it at auction. He's a member on here and it was bought locally. It came from auction on singles, and I'm gonna believe him that they were flipped. I'll be driving her home this weekend (it was late last night) so I will definitely know then.

They are flipped. I checked the pic on a bigger screen. The center give it away more than the tire position in the well. It just looks odd from that angle with those tires.

That looks like a very clean beast you have there.

Yeah, I see it now. Kinda tough to tell by the picture.

If I were you I'd put super singles on it. I mean, the hubs are already flipped and you are faced with buying new tires whether you go back to duals or go with super singles. Might as well put the big boys on that bad boy.

caliber1

Yeah, I see it now. Kinda tough to tell by the picture.

If I were you I'd put super singles on it. I mean, the hubs are already flipped and you are faced with buying new tires whether you go back to duals or go with super singles. Might as well put the big boys on that bad boy.
The truck came with four more tires and wheels. Awesome buy FBB!! I almost pulled the trigger on that one to flip it, but didn't wanna fave to explain another one to the Missus. :beer:

caliber1

Yea that's what I'd like to do when I get the spare $ is there any lifting of the truck required to put super singles ?
That really depends on what size tire you go with. I'm no expert on the matter but if you use the search feature I am sure the topic has been covered in one of the forums.
To go much bigger than 11.00s or 14.5s I think, on a dual axle truck, you would have to spread the rears apart too. Not easy or cheap.2cents What size are on your A3 rambling?

Ok I'm pretty new to this forum how do I start a new thread or subject?
The FIRST thing you need to do before starting a thread is to check and see if a similar thread already exist. If the topic has been covered then there is no reason to start another thread. If the topic hasn't been covered then select the appropriate forum and in the upper left corner you will need to click on the "New Thread" button.

Since you are new the site be sure to familarize yourself with Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite - Forum Rules

Welcome to the site!

EDIT: Sorry, patracy and I must have been typing at the same time.

RECONJON

Yes they are 14.5 X 20's on the M35A3, the 14.0x20's will not fit with out a modification to the axels. I think the 395's are the same deal, spread the axels. My M35A3 had the 14.5X20 Super Singles on it, not easily found and very pricey. I picked up a full set of 7 for $900, they were in great shape, were on the truck when he bought it and he got new ones for it, so those went up for sale. Here in the Bowels of the liberal North East, MV stuff is scarce, some horders rusted lawn ornaments litter the landscapes, 3 in a 10 mile radius, all complete junk now but Im sure they were nice at some time, or on the expensive side. I see A2's for sale up here for $11,000 while the same truck in age, mechanics, and appearance sold for less than $5000 in TN. As a new comer to the sport, I had been shopping around for quite a while before my first purchase and found sellers to be cordial but very unwilling to budge on prices. I found a couple mediocre A2's close to me, 69 A2 W/W rusted everywhere, how this recylcling yard got it? Junkers, they kill me. It had sat for over a year, didnt start, wanted all the money not even a negotiation. Saw him a few weeks ago when I was back on the hunt and he still has it and would even think about my offer of $4000. Now all the tires were flat and more rusted. Sad.

Good Luck with the tires, I see quite a few listed for sale down your way. I cant wait till we get closer to the good stuff. My son has one more year in high school, a marine poolie in delayed entry program. Then we migrate to his assigned area. Anywhere but the NE I hope!

Last edited:

DeucesWild11

RECONJON, I have to agree with you as to the sparce parts up here and some people think they have rusty gold.. and that's unfortunate..

Here are some pics of my truck, first is rear hubs flipped and then with the new rear end I got that is Not flipped. For clearance of the M105 bed I like it Unflipped better. Nicer wider stance.2cents

Also, up to 395's I believe you don't need to make any alterations for clearance, just careful turning on stock rims with 395's cause you can rub them a little on a tight right turn.

Attachments

mmeridith

Looks good! :beer: Did the handle go in okay?

Yeah, they worked out real good, I feel better now having things secured.

Those little power converters I showed you were not going to give me enough amps for the radio, picked this 30amp Pyle instead.

THANKS

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks