• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

jake1086

Bobbed it!!! WOOOOOO I'm excited sorry :) 704052_545232324527_1191486424_o.jpg still need to flip the hubs, find a budd socket in 3/4 inch, plug a brake line, put my rear bumper back on, build my flat bed, PTO, wet kitt, 35000lb winch, ... heater , fix door... MAN these things take alot of work!!! ... realign cab, find a new top, ..... yup I think thats about it. :)

FatBuddhaBoo

Put two new 9x20's on the front, swapped the old front tires to the middle axle, painted all the rims the same color, installed "newer" troop seats, adjusted passenger window to roll up and seal better, and started some rehab on the interior. Should be picking up the cab and doors for the crew cab project this coming Friday. Also proved to the wife that the deuce does indeed fit in the driveway!

Interior.jpg Driveway.jpg

Last edited:

dubnali

Just replaced the two front steel brake lines on the one we got from the liquidation company. It had absolutely NO brakes except the parking brake. Bled the system and now we got great brakes for such a large vehicle.

jwentz57

Installed a master disconnect switch in my Deuce this week.To make it harder for some one to just jump in and start it. feel a little safer letting it sit some where now

63C20

Straightened the dipstick

Fixed the pretzel shaped dipstick.
One of our trucks came with a seriously mangled oil dipstick, after fussing with trying to straighten it in a vise and doing a poor job, I had a thought.........
clamp it in a vise, hang 30 pounds of lead off the handle and run some amperage through the bent part, avoiding the brazing.Worked like a charm, no muss, no fuss, 5 minutes straight as a ruler !!

Lincon.jpgBucket of lead.jpg150 Amps.jpgfor 1 minute, Straight !.jpg

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, today I painted the bed of my M35A2, CARC #383 GREEN. I used a brush on the sides, and a roller on the flat bed surface. I can see the difference in the qualirty of the finish. I am now thinking that I want to spray the rest oof the truck,, even though it will be in flat paint, and it will look much better.

wb9btz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a new thermostat and a block heater. Replaced the wiper blades and companion seat bottom. Checked & verified proper operation of the Air Dryer heater. Drove it to work today. Woo Woo! :doghead:

phil2968

Made the leap into the land of RV man cave duces. Went out to Ft Riley and picked up my recent win a 1976 S280 shelter with a new working RV air conditioner/heater mounted in the roof. It also appears to have recently rewired with new florescent lights and breakers. Not sure what I am going to do with the inside yet. All I know is the unit carpenter put in some well made cabinets. Going to spend the next couple of days cleaning it up. Got the shelter tie down kit coming from Gimpy. Putting one of these bad boys in the back knocks down the top speed by about 5MPH.

The funny thing was the GL fork truck guy asked me if I was sure it would fit in the bed, I had to give him a quick history lesson that the shelter was designed to fit in the back of the duce!
Is this your new hooch for the 2013 Ga rally? I hope so. It was good to see you there.

Jesse6325

Drove about 300 miles, Used it to go to my sisters for dinner then an errand to the local store (ice cream tastes better after a ride in a deuce) Towed a friends storage building about 300 yards, And we aren't done yet!

FatBuddhaBoo

Picked up the cab, doors and step box for the crew cab project from a donor M35A3. :D

Also had to replace the batteries, as she failed to crank several times but would easily start with a jump. aua

newcab.jpg

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well today I finally got that square socket and opened the steering box, and added Lucas Hub oil. It was low on oil too, so I am very happy I did it. The cab heater inlet hose made it tricky, but I managed anyway, and Im going to buy that short mechanics stand I see them use at the repair shop so that Im at the correct hiegth when I work on the engine from the side

alanb

Saturday, replaced inner wheel seals with help from SS friends Phil and JB.
Sunday, drove to St. Pete and picked up a Murphy Bed. Had a lot of seat time
in the Duece and loved every minute of it. All I was missing was the fatigues, otherwise
it was just like being back at the motor pool.

Ford Mechanic

Finally got the intake and exaust manifold back on, exaust was broken had the local welding shop braze it back together. Then the local machine shop resurface it. Adjusted the valves, drilled the hole for the pyro while the exaust was off and installed the sensor. Now for installing the guage and replacing the fuel fiilters. It runs so much better now! Quieter too!

jake1086

Sure I'll try to grab a pic If I remember, it's an old winch they used in the first oil boom on everything in the 70's and 80's I think, and I believe it is 35000 but I might be over shooting it might be a 30000 or so.

I have a build thread on here somewhere I'll try to remember to post pics of it on there. Might start playing with it again after new years.

ABN173

Been driving mine from FT Lewis,WA to Alabama/Georgia then on to FT Bragg in March. Right now I'm in Utah headed East in the Deuce with CUCV in tow.

-Dale

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks