• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good Airborn Trooper! I was in the 82, 307 Med. Bn. Only 13 jumps and regret not going for my master wings. But I got my trucks now. Today in preparation for delivery of my #7 BOMB HOIST, I am having D-rings welded into the bed, and I saw a thread where the owner of a hoist equioppoed deuce mounted his medium tow bar on the front. Impressive! I am going to do the same.

Dipstick

That's 13 more jumps than I'd have the guts to make! Understand your regrets on a personal level. If I'd have stayed in the Canoe Club (Navy) just one more week, I'd have sewed on my 2nd Class Engineman stripes. Been regretting it for 35 years. Jealous of your winch bro.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello steveKuhn, And I shall have to accomodate that possibility by strapping the bars with canves straps and cushioning the contact points between the bars and the hood. Thank you for pointing this out...I am also going to PROMINANTLY display oxygen and acetalyne tanks to further concern the Fire Dept. Chief, and add a good size joc box. ...its going to look more like a wrecker until I get m,y M816. yes?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 399116Here is a picture of the deuce with the hoist and front mounted tow bar, I love it and will do this to mine.Also the added rings underside of the bumper !
It looks to me like it is sitting there waiting to be towed. It has the tow light cable wrapped around the front bumper and the cable runs all the way to the back of the truck across the bed. The only time I can think of when you set up a truck that way is to tow it. Also, the hood would be damaged running the truck that way. I have seen a tow bar on the front of a truck but it was a sideways mount and was pretty slick.

SteveKuhn

I was thinking about the hood denting after my 1st post. I don't think that even thick rubber blocks such as are used as stoppers in the undercarriage would adequate for repeated banging such as from potholes and the like, and any strap would loosen with the jiggling.

Steve

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well today I drove from Boca Raton, to Hialeah Florida to buy pallet racks and a work bench for my repair shop. The deuce performed beautifully and I ran it at 52MPH all the way. Hey pegasus55, are any of the convoy lights miltary issue?

Dipstick

Old Duece....That's really neat! Was it hard to do? I'm thinking about doing it in the future myself. I replaced my old gauge panel with one I painted and installed all new gauges in today. My old gauges were impossible to read while driving. Heck, they were hard enough to read parked.new dash small.jpgold dash small.jpg

I took the picture of the new dash before I installed an LED hi beam indicator. 2 new dash light/lenses will go in soon.

Dipstick

Wow! 52 mph! I've never had my truck over 40. I'm worried about the whole connecting rod through the block thing. Although, my engine always fires right up as if it wants to run and has 40 psi oil pressure.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello dipstick, and the speed of the truck is not the "miles per hour", so much as the engine RPM. If im not mistaken, ( and I better not be) the engine rpm is not to be allowed passed 2650PRM. There are many threads here on engine performance. May I suggest you look at the threads about engines not startying, and testing metering pumps

caliber1

What RPMs are you turning Dipstick? With those 11.00 X 20s You should be able to hit 55 easy.

Wow! 52 mph! I've never had my truck over 40. I'm worried about the whole connecting rod through the block thing. Although, my engine always fires right up as if it wants to run and has 40 psi oil pressure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks