• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

M-35A3

I asume the A3 has the newer type turn signal lever/housing like the 923A2. My M35A2 has this same problem some times. I will check this. Thanks!
Mines a a2 , Made my username before i actually got a deuce ended up going after the a2 . I am not sure what the new style looks like but here is a picture of mine and what i did . Ill probably end up moving the ground to the bottom side of the turn signal lever to make it less noticeable

For some reason the site isnt letting me post a thumbnail pic like i used to so use the link above it takes you to picture location

Last edited:

Carlo

Mines a a2 , Made my username before i actually got a deuce ended up going after the a2 . I am not sure what the new style looks like but here is a picture of mine and what i did . Ill probably end up moving the ground to the bottom side of the turn signal lever to make it less noticeable

For some reason the site isnt letting me post a thumbnail pic like i used to so use the link above it takes you to picture location
Thanks........That is the new style like my M923A2. My M931A1 has the old style with the ground inside the cable.

rpwpyw

New to the whole deuce life. We changed out a leaking lower radiator hose with the help of many of you. Thanks. We have located a boarding ladder. ( thanks to MWMULES). And we have ordered two folding cup holders. Not as ambitious as most of you.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did a little road trip last night to pickup a trailer chassis and 5 tires on rims. Guy had bobbed his deuce and had 5 wheels along with the two on the trailer. Trailer has great lights etc too, though no bed. Got them for a song, so am happy to have the spares.

36deuce

Hey guys I'm on a fire dept in NJ we have a 1970 deuce thinking about installing a trailer hitch to pull Polaris ranger 6x6. I was told poss a Chevy hitch might work? And any ideas on how to wire lights from 24v to 12v?

stampy

36 These things have been posted previously use the search function and you will find the answer to most of your questions. I myself Have used this to locate the correct hitch for the deuce and it works great ( sorry I don't remember the model # but I found it using the search box) wiring has also been addressed. Understand I am NOT trying to be a pain just trying to start you off on the right foot. Oh and Welcome to Steel Soldiers

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was given several 5-gallon buckets of WVO (Waste Vegetable Oil).

I left them out in the sun for a few days and all the major contaminants separated in the heating/cooling cycles. Skimmed the floaties, and poured the oil off the heavier dregs. Then ran the nicer looking oil through my filtering setup. Reclaimed almost 40 gallons of veggie oil and poured about 3 gallons of water mixed and nasty oil onto and into a couple of fire-ant hills nearby. I heard from our county Ag Agent that the oil will incapacitate the worker ants and the whole colony will suffer and eventually die off, so this is a TEST.

Not bad! FREE Bio-Fuel for the Deuce and environmentally friendly pesticide as well. :tank:

brianp454

Yesterday I stopped to take on fuel and got a “click” but no starter engagement when I hit the start button. Tried it every 30 seconds or so for a couple minutes before it started. So, I pulled my battery tray and cleaned all of the connections. One of the terminals post had a big pit corroded out of it and so with the mating terminal. My batteries are marked 6/07 and 9/07, so I expect I will have to get new ones sometime in the near future or risk being stuck somewhere. At least all of the connections to the batteries are good now. Should do the starter and solenoid connections also one of these days.

130609 M35A2C Battery Corroded Terminal.jpgAlso found the source of the mystery whine when it is sunny out. I uploaded a video I titled “M35A2C Mystery Noise” that should be available later today.

Last edited:

brianp454

I think Rain-X is more effective with these trucks than wipers. I plan to clean all of my windows real good and give them a 2nd coat. On the inside I wipe them down with a water and light dish soap water mix to help prevent them fogging up. My 2 cents...

Drove in the (heavy) rain for the first time. Wipers are over rated in the deuce, should I really spend the time to get them working?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks