• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Dipstick

Wow! That looks like fun. Your Deuce seemed to handle the humps really well. What gears were you using as you cruised around?

Dipstick

Installed a solargizer, to replace the one that blew off when I hauled the whaleboat to the marina. Seems that someone forgot to pull if off of the hard top...duh! Need to drive it more...sigh.
I spent a whole lot of time on a whaleboat while I was in. They used to drop us over the side and I'd start the Perkins up about three feet before we hit the water. Nice boats. What kind of trailer did you use to pull it?

Cannoncocker

Installed a mechanical 150 PSI oil pressure gauge as the stock electric unit was acting goofy? Installed a 150 PSI air pressure gauge out of a M925a2 and readjusted the pressure regulator to steady 125 pounds. Stock gauge was pegged al the time. Converted the stock drivers seat from a spring to an air ride. Improved ride on and off road.

SteveKuhn

Gave the cab cover a preservative treatment with Canvak. The canvas is over 15 years old and I don't think it was ever attended to. It really soaked it up. Nice product with no real downsides that I can tell. Lots of reviews on the Internet attesting to it improving water resistance. No real effect on color except to darken it a tiny shade.

Since it's based on mineral spirits, I'm toying with the idea of mixing in a bit of alkyd paint to create a stain. Gotta find a piece of canvas I don't care about as a tester.

Steve

Attachments

Hainebd

Took Deuce and M105 up to Delaware Water Gap along with 15 other people 7 children camping this past weekend. Deuce loaded with 18 bicycles and a buch of othe camping necessities and two adults and one child all seat belted in. M105 loaded with tents and other items for the three days. The 120 mile run up was uneventful on Friday. Burned $86 in fuel up. The run back was a different story. Between other drivers insisting on pulling out in front of me then drive 10 miles per hour. Or fuel filter issue, possible bad fuel. Or people passing me on shoulder or into oncoming traffic then realize I am not the slow one so cut in front and slam their brakes. Yes the deuce will lock up the 10 11.00-20 NDT and M105 tires. But great weekend. The M105 work great as a camper.

RobM36A2

Loaded the K30 with a car/truck lift.
Drove it on the lift, get it up, put the M36 in front, drive the K30 in.
Put the dropside down, to get out with the windows closed.
Still need to offload, have ramps for that.

Attachments

Last edited:

VP17IFT

A Place for my Stuff

Finishing up a locking console made from the original driver seat box and top cut from passenger seat back. The lock is a mailbox lock from the big blue hardware store. I mounted the 24V to 12V converter. More to follow.
:driver:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks