• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

mjcdetroit

Myself and the boy took it to "the depot" and loaded up a bunch of 2x4s for a back yard skating rink for him and his sister. We should be playing hockey in a few days. IMG_20131226_185118_289.jpgIMG_20131226_184944_700.jpgIMG_20131226_185005_239.jpgIMG_20131229_165758_895.jpg

Carlo

andy3

We took family, neighbors and friends on Deucemas rides all week. We had Deuce songs to sing for the kids.

I turned up the fuel 3 flats on my new G code IP. Fired right up afterwards.

Dipstick

I finally got tired of tripping over my muffler laying on my shop floor. So I installed it today. It's an aero turbine 3535. I must say that I am quite impressed with how quiet my truck is now. I can hear my "D" turbo spool up and whistle. Now to get the stack and muffler powder coated flat black. The chrome look must go.
Hi Digger. I installed an aluminum turnout stack after my muffler about a half year ago. I just sprayed it with VHT high temperature flat black paint. It looks great and has held up well so far. I don't know how well it would work on chrome.

welldigger

Hey dip, how you been? Ya I have wrestled with exactly how I'm going paint my stack but I have a hook up with a powder coater so I think I'm gonna go that route if I don't get sticker shock. If I do then the vht will be my next choice. The muffler is polished stainless. You paint it the same way you paint chrome. Sand blast it first. This roughs up the surface so the paint has something to bite onto.

pmramsey

View attachment 469814View attachment 469815View attachment 469816View attachment 469817View attachment 469818View attachment 469819View attachment 469820
Last summer, I removed the singles, flipped the hubs, inspected and serviced the axles, and mounted new Firestone 831 11 x 20 tires. In the fall, the truck was taken to metal, primed, and given three coats of the current OD green. I just finished mounting the 24-volt, 18,000 lb. heavy duty Warn winch. I have the new bows and tarp but I can't mount them until of get rid of the stack of side rails in the bed. I've driven the truck for five years and it was time to refurbish it to new.

L1000503.jpgL1000504.jpg

Dipstick

Hey dip, how you been? Ya I have wrestled with exactly how I'm going paint my stack but I have a hook up with a powder coater so I think I'm gonna go that route if I don't get sticker shock. If I do then the vht will be my next choice. The muffler is polished stainless. You paint it the same way you paint chrome. Sand blast it first. This roughs up the surface so the paint has something to bite onto.
Digger,
I've been fine thanks. Working so many hours that I haven't driven my truck in five or six days. It's been 20 degrees or less up here at night for the last two or three weeks. Let me know how the muffler comes out.

Dipstick

I've been thinking about the Warn winch kit myself. How do you like it? Was it as easy an install as it would seem to be?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spent yesterday afternoon stripping the Christmas lights and decorations off of the Deuce.
Neatly wrapped all the wires, discarded all the zip-ties, and stowed all the goodies in the MV Box Trailer.

Then drove her around the neighborhood!

Gotta luv it ! ! !

Greywolf54

Before this cold weather set in I added Lucas Oil to most of my gear boxes and the motor. Driver's door handle spring broke so I salvaged one from an old 1950 ford pickup door. It's stronger but I think it's even better than the smaller spring. Gives the door "that Big truck" feel.
My wife found a supplier of the Donaldson M070028 muffler and they also had all (5) of the oil and fuel filters for the M35, even with shipping it didn't hit 100 bucks. And the company is owned by a disabled veteran in Arizona. All I had to do was tell my wife about the muffler and she found it for me, she likes the truck but not the noise! I also put a new 1000 watt tank heater on the truck. Now what to do next?

Hainebd

Ok who in Arizona?I let a friend use and he drove the front wheel off, literally. We manage to put new outer bearing an muse home at 10 mph. He broke it so made him fix and drive home. He failed to do a pretrip inspection or investigate noise yes he heard but thought it was dirt. Now new bearings, seals, locks, and nuts. Spindle is ok. Not what I wanted to be doing in the cold. So this is why we got snow, deuce is down.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful day today - Temp is now 67F.

Thought I'd fire up the Deuce and have some fun this afternoon, with the ultimate goal of simply moving it from the front of the house where she's be displaying Christmas decorations (took them off the other day) and park her in her normal spot in the back yard.

Starting her was "hard".... she usually fires on the first revolution, but this time had to crank it a bit... several times. Let her idle to build air pressure, etc. and she kept stalling.

Troubleshooting time!... first check - fuel tank level.... AH-HA ! ! ! Somebody stole about 20-30 gallons of Deuce "Multi-fuel" mixture!!! Sometime in the past 2 weeks or so someone "harvested" a mixture of 20% Diesel, 75% Waste Veggie Oil and a dab of Gasoline and probably put it into their POV. It's ironic that the thief is now wondering why his POV is running like a POS.

Fortunately, I had about 5 gallons of WVO already filtered and ready to go, so I dumped it into the tank and PROBLEM SOLVED. She fired right up, ran like a champ and got parked securely inside the locked and canine patrolled back yard.

Upcoming project: Install a Fuel Cap Locking Mechanism!!!

3dAngus

67 degrees? Really? And I thought there was a National Freeze going on. It is getting so cold here in Middle Ga., we have to worry about our pipes freezing so I wrapped them today, but they are PVC, something you don't see exposed in the North country.

I am under a M105 today robbing some brake parts off it and noticed I had some LED lights on it. They were taped over by the Marines for shipping so I didn't notice right away.
Getting ready to fire up the deuce and back her in, to make sure the LEDs work and have a good ground. Like a Christmas gift to get metal encased LED taillights. Brrrrrr...
Dropping to the teens on Monday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks