• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Kloakndagr

Thanks. The foam insulation was actually the military green sleeping bag mat from epay, shipping was free, I used (2) and the adhesive was a 3M spray from Home Depot. You can't use the 3M 77 adhesive because it's not compatible, the one I used was (see photo). I was initially thinking of a lighter green mat from Wallyworld, just in case you dislike epay.
image.jpg

dezert ratt

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392773710.961170.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392773722.638379.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392773739.739918.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392773751.826156.jpg
Took the deuce out to rasor rd for presidents weekend. Stopped in calico for a overnight stay Sunday on the way home. Friday I got my hose adapter so now I'm able to run air tools off the truck!

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I made a rough brake adjustment, and found it made a BIG difference on the stopping performance of the M35. Also I noticed the brake pedal was much higher, all the way to the top and needed little travel to engage the shoes to the metal. Also my mechanic tightened all the fasteners on the drive shafts...found some of them finger loose! Never thought to do that, and he said he learned that from working on Peterbuilt rigs...I am next week moving to Loxahatchee Florida and the tool load for my m35 and M105 is no less than 16000 lbs. I will need those brakes

AnonymousOne

....Also my mechanic tightened all the fasteners on the drive shafts...found some of them finger loose! Never thought to do that, and he said he learned that from working on Peterbuilt rigs...
Great point ...I keep forgetting to look under the truck to check the bolts, etc ... Last week I found I was missing a bolt off the alternator bracket. These are great trucks but man they sure can shake themselves apart if they want to.

welldigger

Finally completed my seat installation. It's a pair of NOS hmmwv seats mounted to a pair of a3 driver's seat bases. So much better now. I just gotta come up with a good idea for a console now.uploadfromtaptalk1393110805551.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393110821943.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393110836105.jpg

Kloakndagr

Light paint touch up, added air hose connection on passengers side cab, cleaned up glad hands (painted yellow/red) and removed broken elbow connection on the service side glad hand. I also found and fix a very small roof leak, just in case some ran might show up next week. I also drove around the property for giggles.

ralph3162

New Brakes, New Wheel Cylinders, New Hub Seals, New Bearings and Races, New Master Cylinder, Rebuilt Air Pack, New Park Brake, New Radiator, New Hoses, New Belts, Rebuilt Horn Assembly, and Bought NOS LDT 465 Multi-Fuel Engine for a rainy day. Cleburne-20140222-00304.jpgCleburne-20140222-00305.jpgCleburne-20140222-00306.jpgCleburne-20140222-00307.jpgCleburne-20140222-00308.jpgCleburne-20140222-00310.jpg

Streetgliderx

bought a winch with front bumper attached, cable and tail chain, and extensions, got it loaded and home, bought 6-24 bolt MRAP wheels and tires still wrapped in cellophane, pick them up in the morning. fixed my electric wipers where they no longer slap the frames, painted arms flat black, installed new wiper blades, and fixed them so they stopped on right hand side out of my vision. searched the world over for my short affecting my lights, cant find it but lights worked for over 2 hours today with no issues? maybe i just found it and didn't know it?

oh and broke a tach cable.

on another note my B.O. lights are all LED? is that some kind of upgrade? and my right rear one dont work,..... will any LED bulbs work or do they have to be 24v?

Merc1973

Let's see, in installed a new starter button, new instrument panel bulbs and cleaned lenses, installed license plates and brackets, installed keyed battery cut off switch, changed tranny fluid to sae 40 ND. Wow, now I can actually shift from 1st to second gear with out cussing... Like butter...

LHoward

I have been working on my windshield wipers and no luck the bolt is broke off in the shaft don't know what I should do, I did put on a new J- type ex. pipe, But I have some white smoke coming out of my exhaust should I be worried? I am a little. ?

welldigger

I have been working on my windshield wipers and no luck the bolt is broke off in the shaft don't know what I should do, I did put on a new J- type ex. pipe, But I have some white smoke coming out of my exhaust should I be worried? I am a little. ?
White smoke? Could be coolant burning in the cylinders.

welldigger

I forget the name but there in a test strip you can get that you dip into a coolant sample and it will detect if combustion byproducts have made their way into the coolant. Usually from a bad head gasket. I think it's called engine check but I'm not positive.

HanksDeuce

Finally got back to working on my deuce. Finished installing the custom Black Rock Fab passenger side bellhousing mount on my Cummins 6BT. Next, I installed the new 24v starter. If the rain holds out tomorrow I will install the driver side bellhousing mount and measure for a future custom engine mount below the crank pulley.

Attachments

w3azel

Ok that's it, I need to make friends with Kyle at Black Rock Fab. You keep getting all this cool metal work from them.

Today I did a little bit of body work on the crew cab and clarified my issue with the rear axle shafts. I wish I could have done more but I need metal and I work Mon-Fri, their open Mon-Fri. The system is against me I swear.

Akicita

The snow is finally melting here in PA. A large branch had broken off a tree on my neighbor's property and was too big and heavy to be moved by hand. I started the Deuce for the first time since December, walked through knee-high snow, wrapped a chain around the branch, hooked the chain to the winch and moved that branch like it was a toothpick.
I love my Deuce in situations like this. : - )

(Sorry, no pictures this time.)

Streetgliderx

Got my 395 MRAPs mounted on my adapter plates and got them on the truck.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393802947.994353.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393802958.565759.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393802975.073824.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393802986.896002.jpg

Got my winch mounted. Didn't get it and the bumper painted but got it all bolted on tight. Got all the frame extensions, shackles, shake mounts, and frame rails cleaned and painted.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393802893.310231.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks