• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

RobM36A2

Drove my M36 to the shop. For inspection and if needed, some repairs to pass the inspection.
The weather was very good today, so enjoyed the ride. Sunglasses, no ear protection, Sunshine and a whistle, what more does a guy need?

TsgtB

I took ours to pick up privacy fence material this weekend... First load, 2tons of concreted and poles. Second load 500 6' pickets and 40 16' 2x4s...
She never even knew it was back there, but she enjoyed the outing.

Dipstick

I didn't work on my bobber this week, but my son and I did manage to get a small block Ford 302 I rebuilt running again for the first time in 12 years! I swapped it into a 1952 Dodge pickup. We hope to finally have him on the road this summer.

Attachments

sandcobra164

Put in a new set of Hawker 6TAGM batteries. The old one's were 10 years old and the motor was cranking slowly in cold weather. They have been recharged a time or two. Today they showed 12.1 and 11.6 volts upon removal and I'm sure they would still start the truck but they were starting to decline in storage for more than a month or so at a time. Hope to get 10 more years out of this set. I will say the price is finally going down some on AGM batteries as they are gradually becoming more mainstream.

brianp454

Eeks! I hope they didn't set you back $500 each...

Put in a new set of Hawker 6TAGM batteries. The old one's were 10 years old and the motor was cranking slowly in cold weather. They have been recharged a time or two. Today they showed 12.1 and 11.6 volts upon removal and I'm sure they would still start the truck but they were starting to decline in storage for more than a month or so at a time. Hope to get 10 more years out of this set. I will say the price is finally going down some on AGM batteries as they are gradually becoming more mainstream.

sandcobra164

Eeks! I hope they didn't set you back $500 each...
While they are not cheap, they seem to last a long time and these cost less than the last ones. Not far cheaper than what you are guessing but about $410 a piece after tax, $820 out the door but if they last another 10 year's and provide piece of mind that the truck will start, I'm fine with that.

Towersafety

Picked up a M105 trailer from DRMO. In better shape than I expected. Lights even work.
Put in a new headlight and installed a new top on the Deuce. It does not fit quite right but is better than the old one I guess. I also got the wipers working and all the other lights except the parking lights. That will be another challenge for another day. The other thing I did was replace the lining on the parking brake. it now works.

One step at a time. My wife hopes I do not get distracted by finding another big truck to occupy some of my time.

Streetgliderx

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395364564.915726.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395364574.691963.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395364584.050725.jpg

Stenciled me out some numbers fort bumper. I'm not a purist not do I have any military background so I didn't have any authentic numbers to add so I made my numbers my daughters first initials and birth dates

This was the original numbers

Last edited:

wilfreeman

installed a new top on the Deuce. It does not fit quite right but is better than the old one I guess
How does it not fit quite right? I installed a new one on mine a couple of weeks ago and it seems to be too long in the back - no room to pull it down tight with the super rope around the loops on the cab. I wa guessing on how to tie the end off in the tab - actually the only way I could get it halfway tight.

2014-03-15_17-19-10_317.jpg

Last edited:

F18hornetM

Replaced the steering wheel. We have had our M35 for 3 years and this cold winter seemed to work on the steering wheel. Cracked into big pieces. So...all new for the summer. Plus took it for out weekly ride. Only about 10 miles but enough to get engine up to temperature and keep batteries charged and brakes working.

Darwin T

got ready to install my new wolverine Tech dual 24 and 12 volt altenators. i had Tim powder coat them green. the 12 volt will be wired into a battery box in my new M109a3 box i bought last weekend. i hope with more daylight after work i can make some progress. replace altenators, injection pump, fuel lines and box. finish conversion to Expediation Vehicle (RV).

Attachments

wilfreeman

Hopefully (if I can ever get my brackets) I will be installing my TMAmerica 24v/12v upgrade next week when I get off shift. I like the green alternators.

mmeridith

Installed the new AMA-5104UT alternator today, voltage checked out right at 27.7 VDC without any adjustments. Modified the battery box & added some battery hold down clamps to keep them in place. Also installed some 24VDC LED illuminated tip accessory switches for some of my add on lights.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks