• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Towersafety

How does it not fit quite right? I installed a new one on mine a couple of weeks ago and it seems to be too long in the back - no room to pull it down tight with the super rope around the loops on the cab. I wa guessing on how to tie the end off in the tab - actually the only way I could get it halfway tight.
The back is fine. At the top rear of the door windows it is about an inch to long. It fits all the little twist snap things but between the last (back) one and the vertical part it is an inch to long.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced left door latch. Bought the new latch from Erik's. Pretty easy task. Easier if I had skinny arms.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up the troop seat hardware from being powder coated at a local place! Still working on sanding the wood so it can be re-painted.

2014-03-29 13.08.50.jpg2014-03-29 13.34.32.jpg2014-03-29 17.42.12.jpg

Also received my new custom license plates in the mail! Named the truck after an "old-timer" Autobot from the Transformers, Kup (later named Sergeant Kup). Hahah. :mrgreen: Mounted the plate below the passenger headlight. While drilling out the holes for the license plate mount, I thought to remove one of the arctic front cover lash points to get a more vertical drilling angle. I forgot that everything on the truck is thoroughly seized in place. Twisted the head right off the screw. Now I get to drill it out and put something else in its place. *sigh*
:doh:
2014-03-29 17.43.14.jpg2014-03-29 19.37.23.jpg2014-03-29 19.37.54.jpg

Seth_O

Modified and installed an M35A3 gauge panel in my M35A2.
Moved the yet to be hooked up brakelight to the left side, and added another back light in the middle for the "too hard to see at night gauges".
Y'd off the low air buzzer for the low air light.
Is the A3 speedo a drop-in replacement for the A2? I'd love to have a trip-meter for my truck!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
so its a little tight to get up in there....??? looking forward to it...
any advise you could pass on to make it easier.?
Pretty straight forward. Window stays up. Even with all the screws removed, it won't just fall out. There's a lip that the latch has to squeeze by. You'll have to reach up and wrestle it out, then the replacement back in. Put the latch end in first and start one or both screws on the jamb side of the door, then put the triangular end in. Shouldn't take more than twenty minutes start to finish, unless some screws are stripped.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks