• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

wilfreeman

Thanks guys! We just got back from the Denton rally. Only about 200 miles round trip, but a good test for it! I guess that since I was pulling about 4300# behind it (the car hauler and Jeep), it was an even better test! She loved the workout - I tried to keep her at around 2100-2200rpm the whole time and I picked up about 3 mph @ 2100rpm during the trip - COOL! I guess I blew the cobwebs out of her, huh? The only problem I ran into was when I got back home I noticed that the right rear axle seal is leaking - I can live with that because I already have the seals and was planning on doing them anyway.

orrisd4

i ripped out the seats,turn signals,heater core , heat shield from the exhaust, removed the tailgate and troop seats, fuel tank , oh and only after i did this did i remember to start taking pics,
followed that up with shop-vacing out 3 squirrel nest and atleast 1 dead squirrel.
drained the diarrhea like sludge out of her tank , discovered "Aircraft" brand paint remover works amazing on carc paint just spray it on let it dry then blow it off with an air nozzle. in the AM i plan to rip the doors apart to start repairs, going to order a new set of rockers from memphis,and start that, but the big thing is tomorrow i will be waking the creature from her long slumber

HanksDeuce

Cut/bent 1/2" 0.035 stainless tubing for my fuel supply line.
Cut/bent 3/8" 0.035 stainless tubing for my vent line.
Scuffed/painted the Cummins 6bt valve covers.
Test fit the factory deuce airbox and it fits over the Cummins turbo. I need a 90 degree 4" elbow to mate up to the turbo inlet.
Removed the 6bt oil pan and cleaned the gasket material off. What a royal PITA! Found a few nasty rust spots clean through the pan. Found a new factory oil pan for $75 locally.
Sent measurements to BlackRock Fab for my front engine mount, revised lift block transmission cross member, and radiator mounts.

Nasadowsk

Longtime listener, first time caller - did the front axle seals on my friend's '65.

Found the wheel cylinders were...less than ideal...

Found out that the sillicone boot install really is a two person job...

Oh yeah, had fun, too :)

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced the magnetic relay in the truck and did some painting on a new step ladder I purchased.

Jeepsinker

I removed my heater setup from under hood for the summer months to free up some room, pressure washed all the grease off of everything I could, found out something in my front end is shot( thinking kingpin bushings) and ordered parts for said front end rebuild, including new boots because mine are torn and have been for some time.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I've been working on getting the new deuce ready for paint the past couple days. Finally noticed that the spare tire is on an m34/m135 style wheel, and changed out the driver's side front tire. Had to use the poor man's "geared lug wrench" (2x the power!)

Attachments

talskinyguy

Found out that the sillicone boot install really is a two person job...
I did it with a 2 vice grips and a set of channel locks. The first one took me about 30 minutes to get on, the 2nd less than 5. If I had small vice grips that didn't weigh much I would have been even better off. Just something to think about for next time.

RobM36A2

Called the shop, what the status of my M36a2 was.
They are going to change 4 wheels, (wich I got last week on thursday). Then, hopefully, tomorrow night it will pass the inspection..

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adjusted the fan belts. Mounted a chock on the area above the spare tire equipment. Located the switch mounted on the hydraulic brake cylinder that I believe is the reason I have no brake lights; but after seeing it I shall check the other connections as suggested in TM9-2320-209-20-2-1 page 25-120

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks