• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

hypertex

Oil cooler line hose leak

Found green antifreeze dripping from around the rearmost oil filter housing and onto IP. The oil cooler tube hose behind the canister is cloth covered and likely original. So that gets replaced tomorrow! Will take pics
IMG_3519.jpg

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I opened the directional control (M35) and saw a board with wire soldered tomit, saw one wire not connected and soldered it, re installed but it still dont work. Are parts available for this?is there a diagram ? I got several that dont work and I want to fix them

TruckGuy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aero Turbine Performance Exhaust AT3535 Muffler

I finally installed this niffy new sound modification device.

Aero Turbine AT3535 Muffler. Fits like a glove and looks pretty good on the truck too. Only mods were cutting a section from the J-pipe and opening the mouth on clamp a bit.

Oh yeah... it sounds nice too. :p

Attachments

brianp454

What do you think of the sound? Can you upload a video of it to Youtube?

I used the 3535XL (long) version of that muffler.

Aero Turbine AT3535 Muffler. Fits like a glove and looks pretty good on the truck too. Only mods were cutting a section from the J-pipe and opening the mouth on clamp a bit.

welldigger

Same muffler I used. I love it. Amazingly quiet for such a small flow through muffler.

TruckGuy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was impressed at the difference it made. Seems a lot quieter.

When the weather dries up, I see if I can do a video. Unfortunately only have my phone to do the vid with.

skinnyR1

I have the xl version of this muffler too. It does quiet the truck pretty well, bit for any distance down the highway I still use ear protection.

Kloakndagr

Installed stained glass windows inside the living quarters of my deuce rv conversion.
image.jpgimage.jpg
These are claimed to be recycled from a church in England. I like them. They are mounted on the ceiling as skylight covers.

Last edited:

rustystud

Is this a Stainless Steel muffler ? I think that is the one I wanted to buy but it was too expensive for me at the time. So it really deadens the sound well ?

Last edited:

welldigger

Is this a Stainless Steel muffler ? I think that is the one I wanted to buy but it was too expensive for me at the time. So it really deadens the sound ?
100% stainless construction and it is NOT a glass pack.

Yes it is impressive how much they deaden sound. Even a sound clip doesn't do this little muffler justice. O and it WON'T affect egt's.

Jeepsinker

Well poop.... I want a muffler I can weld in with my mig, and IF I ever decide to install one I'm going to try and install it down in the wheel well section of the J pipe just after the flex pipe. Before any of that though I need to find a place that does good custom exhaust work and get a new J pipe and stack made out of 4" pipe.

welldigger

Well poop.... I want a muffler I can weld in with my mig, and IF I ever decide to install one I'm going to try and install it down in the wheel well section of the J pipe just after the flex pipe. Before any of that though I need to find a place that does good custom exhaust work and get a new J pipe and stack made out of 4" pipe.
You can weld stainless to mild steel with a mig welder. What do you think muffler shops use? It won't be the strongest bond ever but it will hold a muffler in place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks