• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Thursday evening Black Ops, Fredo Corleone, and myself drove to Bangor, Maine to pick up my latest deuce. We stayed at a hotel for the night and got to the yard on Friday morning. The truck's hiding behind the Mack five ton at the top of the hill.
image.jpg
Got in and flipped on the power and it was stone dead. I started shoveling the snow off it while Black Ops and Fredo dug out the battery box we brought and hooked a ratchet strap around it.
image.jpg
Black Ops and I then dragged the 150lb battery box up the hill, not fun in 1 to 2.5 feet of snow!:mad:

image.jpg
We installed the batteries, checked the fluids, and it fired right up! The Mack in front of it was dead, but there was just enough room to get around it.
image.jpg
Once it was on the pavement we fixed a few more things and hit the road with Black Ops driving the deuce. The roads were a little slick for the return trip, there was a little bit of drifting and the use of 6x6 to get moving.
image.jpgimage.jpg
The only problem was the driver's side front tire blew out near the NH border, but we got the spare on and got back on the road. Other than that there was frequent stops just to clear the deuce windshields and the lights on both trucks.
image.jpg
A 6 hour trip took about 11 hours due to the poor conditions, but it's home.:jumpin:

Another Ahab

Thursday evening Black Ops, Fredo Corleone, and myself drove to Bangor, Maine to pick up my latest deuce. We stayed at a hotel for the night and got to the yard on Friday morning. The truck's hiding behind the Mack five ton at the top of the hill.
Looks real good. What's it's story? Noticing the "seal" over the fuel tank; do some municipal service of some kind?

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
It was used as a brush truck, then returned to the forest service lot. It had a small water tank in the back that was removed. A lot of the stuff up there gets used, then they'll take the bed off and put it on another truck. The 5 ton has a nice m939 bed on it, I'm sure the m939 has the bed/ tank setup from the Mack that they built back in the day.

SteveKuhn

Congratulations. I pointed that one out to a friend down here who is on the market. It looked like a good deal with only minor repairs needed. Betcha it could have made a patient trip down if a tow was too expensive.

Steve

AvrgJoe

Bought, modified, & installed West coast mirrors.

Bought West Coast style mirrors on line (a little disapointed in the quality (weight compared to the OEM) of the mirrors)as soon an I recieved them I tore them apart to start painting them. I soon realized I needed a couple of small brackets, made them, painted everything black and re-installed. I liked the larger spot mirrors that was on the truck to start with better, I reused them. By reusing them I gained more adjustability due to the mounting stem on the back being longer, not to mention a larger mirror for more visibility.

Over all very happy, good look & a little narrower truck. With a 10' wide door in my shop I had about 1" on either side. Now it will be a little less like threading a needle.

Attachments

Hainebd

Just ran Brute to fuel stop about 18 miles RT. Put $60 in which filled the tank. I try to keep full but others just use. Had to add a gallon of 50/50. He always runs better on diesel than WO mix.

chwhite0783

Finally got it HOME!. yay. 140 mile drive no problems except running out of fuel when I was trying to get to gas station when I first left. ran awesome. I thought I was gonna have problems with going over the steep hills and bridges but wasn't too bad. all in all was a good shake down drive and passed with flying colors. got pulled over once because the cop wanted to look at it. gave me some bs excuse he couldn't "read" the plate.

18operator

Went into the barn, turned the light on, and gave the truck a once over to make sure everything was OK. Love to get out on the road, but they use way too much salt and brine on the roads by me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks