• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Davetheplumber

"Moose"
AHHH!! Every time I do something there is things I didn't know about the truck. I finally got all my hubs flipped and all my MISERABLE split rims apart and mounted on my new "super cool" 46" michelins. yeah 46". I know now that 46" tires will hit the **** steering arm and I lost about 10 percent of my right turning. I don't know what to do now. Other than that, this has been quite the experience. Should have my crew cab built my next weekend.

brianp454

I went to do a brake adjustment on the intermediate axle and found binding when I turned the hubs. As it turns out, the differential had failed and I swapped in another axle. She's back on the ground, yet I plan to do a number of other maintenance activities before driving it again. The binding of the rear axles when running these trucks on dry pavement is not good for them. Stay tuned.

150815 M35A2 Differential Failure 9 lowrez.jpg150815 M35A2 Differential Failure 8 lowrez.jpg150815 M35A2 Differential Failure 7 lowrez.jpg

Last edited:

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to do a brake adjustment on the intermediate axle and found binding when I turned the hubs. As it turns out, the differential had failed and I swapped in another axle. She's back on the ground, yet I plan to do a number of other maintenance activities before driving it again. The binding of the rear axles when running these trucks on dry pavement is not good for them. Stay tuned.

View attachment 579074View attachment 579073View attachment 579072
Oh wow, what a mess! I'm sorry :(

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took apart my extra Hutchinson super single tire and wheel assembly. I won 8 of them in a GL auction, put on 6, kept one for a spare, most likely will be selling my extra tire only without the wheel. It was amazingly easy to do. I was half expecting it to be as difficult as dismounting a cement truck super single like I used to do in my 20's at a tire shop, NOT FUN!!! Just a couple of pry bars, blocks of wood and a ratchet did the trick in less than 20 mins. It had the 3-piece bolt together runflat donut inside. Man, that's one heavy chunk of rubber and a mess of grease. Considering opening up the rest and removing the runflats to cut down on some rotating mass. But they may come in handy some day, maybe even save having to buy a new tire due to a puncture.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks