• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

DevRev

Tried to custom fabricate a cup holder than can hold two beers, didn't work out. One I cant fabricate, two I don't even own a deuce, three I'm just posting to give y'all a good laugh

SRB1976

Disassembled my heater blower motor and cleaned and lubricated it. Works great and it's nice and quiet. When I bought the truck it was noisier than a cat in heat.

About two weeks ago I started rebuilding my front axle. I replaced all the bearings, seals and bushings. I did the brakes a few months ago. Now it's all complete and installed. I just need to get two cotter pins to finish it up. The brakes are bled with the help of my wife.
After dinner I am going to start putting my transmission back together.
I hope to get everything finished by the 18th so I can drive it to the swap meet in Gilbert Pa.

Another Ahab

About two weeks ago I started rebuilding my front axle. I replaced all the bearings, seals and bushings. I did the brakes a few months ago. Now it's all complete and installed. I just need to get two cotter pins to finish it up. The brakes are bled with the help of my wife.
After dinner I am going to start putting my transmission back together.
I hope to get everything finished by the 18th so I can drive it to the swap meet in Gilbert Pa.
Momma's a sweetheart:

- Of course, now you owe her one.

I owe her more than one. I've Been working on the truck every minute I can for three weeks. I haven't mowed the lawn or weed whacked in a month. I don't know why she puts up with me.

Another Ahab

I owe her more than one. I've Been working on the truck every minute I can for three weeks. I haven't mowed the lawn or weed whacked in a month. I don't know why she puts up with me.
Maybe it's because no matter how hard she looks, she can't FIND you anywhere to give you a piece of her mind!

tall-grass.jpg

Last edited:

Davetheplumber

"Moose"
Took my first drive with the new cab and tires. WOW it drives different. Something to get used to. Oh yeah, Everyone is right about the braking. Much more room needed to brake. If you get bigger tires make sure to be careful. Next is the finishes to the roof and then interior. wow.jpg

jbayer

Made some new ALMOST MIL SPEC MS52127-3 TYPE A chocks for my Deuce. Almost because their a little wider, and a little taller, and not 1.25" laminated Oak, just 3/4" Oak laminated. Don't quite understand the 92" chains, but I went with it anyway.
The problem is though, I spent ALOT of time on them, so now they sit in the spare bedroom cause I want them to stay like new, and not get beat-up like their supposed too.:-(

Attachments

Last edited:

JohnnyBM931A2

Made some new ALMOST MIL SPEC MS52127-3 TYPE A chocks for my Deuce. Almost because their a little wider, and a little taller, and not 1.25" laminated Oak, just 3/4" Oak laminated. Don't quite understand the 92" chains, but I went with it anyway.
The problem is though, I spent ALOT of time on them, so now they sit in the spare bedroom cause I want them to stay like new, and not get beat-up like their supposed too.:-(
lol.. I'm the same way when I buy new tools.. I know they are made for working and getting dirty, but I hate to mess them up when they are new and shiny.

Those chocks that you made do look great :goodjob:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks