• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Another Ahab

Possibly going to pick up a pto winch for the front of my m35a2. Someone took the winch before I got it. Found a winch on Craigslist for $300. Just need to get the pto shaft that goes to the winch.
I hear you, because (almost) every Deuce wants a winch.

I can't imagine that would be too tough to find.

But then, watch me be wrong (it's happened SO much before aua ).

Another Ahab

I hear you, because (almost) every Deuce wants a winch.

I can't imagine that would be too tough to find.
I found a pto shaft for $150. So for $450 could have a winch back on the truck. Wish the winch was never removed.
There we are:

- You got one of those Deuces that ABSOLUTELY for sure wants a winch,

Without it, it's kind of like it's missing a tooth. :)

Caseymikl

There we are:

- You got one of those Deuces that ABSOLUTELY for sure wants a winch,

Without it, it's kind of like it's missing a tooth. :)
Yeah it's got the bumper, mount for it and pto for it but no winch!! It needs one. I'm going to go look at the one I found and if it looks to be in good shape gonna buy it. What do I look for with the winch? Do they have fluid in them or anything?

Another Ahab

Yeah it's got the bumper, mount for it and pto for it but no winch!! It needs one. I'm going to go look at the one I found and if it looks to be in good shape gonna buy it. What do I look for with the winch? Do they have fluid in them or anything?
Somebody else here might answer that for you (or of course, you could search the Threads).

I look like a Winch Doctor, but really I'm NOT.

witch Doctor.jpg

Another Ahab

Changed the batteries on it. Accidentally left the lights on all weekend after messing with them and killed batteries
No good deed goes unpunished.

And don't feel bad:

- Take comfort in the recognition that some of us got a laugh from your bad luck.

And all of us are glad it didn't happen to US!

The world is a cruel place, "ain't" it!? :mrgreen:

TsgtB

I changed my HH... found the fuel shut off rod was NASTY brown and sticky.... (it had been in a can since 92'), found the button, 3 prong end and half of a retainer in the hole..
It really went very smooth. The HH coming out had the nicely painted tooth and i was able to get the wife to bump the starter and it lined up within half a tooth, just rotated the jack shaft a couple inches and it was there....
My parker pump and donaldson muffler (which i had never heard it run) all came to life on the second short button push.
She purred like a big fat kitten.
I was ready for a run away, but it all went well...
I added the last of my diesel klean bottle in the half tank of fuel and gave her a hug... (in my mind)

Rmtaunton

I changed my HH... found the fuel shut off rod was NASTY brown and sticky.... (it had been in a can since 92'), found the button, 3 prong end and half of a retainer in the hole..
It really went very smooth. The HH coming out had the nicely painted tooth and i was able to get the wife to bump the starter and it lined up within half a tooth, just rotated the jack shaft a couple inches and it was there....
My parker pump and donaldson muffler (which i had never heard it run) all came to life on the second short button push.
She purred like a big fat kitten.
I was ready for a run away, but it all went well...
I added the last of my diesel klean bottle in the half tank of fuel and gave her a hug... (in my mind)

Congrats Glad it went well

Caseymikl

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442166602.674409.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1442166622.938125.jpg

Bought and mounted a pto winch! I can't for the life of me get it to free spool :( I don't have the pto drive shaft yet. And I am trying to remove the cable as I am wanting to replace it. I can't figure out how to get the winch to free spool :( can someone help me out?

rujimbob

IMG_2562.jpgIMG_2558.jpgIMG_2443.jpgIMG_2516.jpgIMG_2400.jpgI replaced the batteries (twice for one of them) and all the high-amp wiring with 00 gauge. When I blew the second battery I realized my starting problem wasn't wiring. Replaced the starter with a locally made one that has its own slave solenoid for $390.00 out the door. Installed a high current cutoff switch on the battery slave cable. Rechecked the wiring about 12-times, then started it up. Works like a dream now.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

View attachment 581144View attachment 581145

Bought and mounted a pto winch! I can't for the life of me get it to free spool :( I don't have the pto drive shaft yet. And I am trying to remove the cable as I am wanting to replace it. I can't figure out how to get the winch to free spool :( can someone help me out?
If I remember right, that "lever/ knob" on the starboard side of the drum has a disengage detent that you might need to get to before the drum will free-spool.

But here's the catch:

- I'm not CERTAIN of that

I tell you, the TM will certainly clarify it all.

AND you will definitely want to know the TM/ Operations details for this thing before you go starting to use it.

A Winch Is NOT a toy, and it will bite real bad if you get ahead of yourself. Please, be REAL sure you know what you're doing with the thing once you get the PTO tied-in.

chwhite0783

KIMG0160.jpgKIMG0159.jpgKIMG0158.jpgKIMG0157 (1).jpgKIMG0156 (1).jpgKIMG0155.jpggot a good bit done. GOT HER REGISTERED!:beer: changed a inner flat on middle axle, checked brakes, painted some wheels, did a little painting on the trailer, and installed lightbar and grille ornament. had one of my lil soldiers helping me out a little. Getting ready for Gilbert show! PS he loves his helmet. he even wears it when he goes for rides in the truck!

Another Ahab

View attachment 581188got a good bit done. GOT HER REGISTERED! changed a inner flat on middle axle, checked brakes, painted some wheels, did a little painting on the trailer, and installed lightbar and grille ornament. had one of my lil soldiers helping me out a little.
Your son looks plenty happy; that's great!

And Did you already mention your trailer? I can't remember that, but nice bonus there. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks