• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was told the rarity is that it has a front tail gate. Which also means different landing leg.
Wouldn't a "front tailgate" technically be called a "headgate"????

Jus' sayin'.

Carry on.
Well, that depends on whether you're looking to:

- Where you're going, or

- Where you just came from

Unless of course, you're not. Clear?
Good point, I agree..............
Is that for:

- Post # 4152? Or

- Post # 4153?

Choose carefully please, there's a lot riding on this.

And the Answer is.....
-that was for post #4152, the Chaplain makes me laugh.
JC
General Ahab!
Pull up, pull up! you make me laugh too. Great pictorals.
Yes I agree with you, and from here on out I shall call it a headgate.
Down in Flames!
You laugh?!?!?

You LAUGH ! ! ! !

I wasn't concerned about it until you declared laughter. Are you laughing WITH me or AT me????

If I was really going "stand-up comedy" response I would have Posted my FIRST IMPULSE.......

If a "tailgate" is on the back, wouldn't the one up front be a "BOOBgate"????

OK, enough of the anatomy lesson for today.

Carry on.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't the English language such fun to play with?!?!?

I don't know how many times I have had to explain just why a military truck with a cross-country load rating of 2-1/2 Tons is called a Deuce and a Half, or DEUCE for short.
I suppose some people don't know how to play the game (of English language mutation and manipulation).

Another Ahab

Repairing my soft top. The channel stitching was dry rotted and tore apart. Going the seal all and pop rivet approach. PITA View attachment 587618
I never used one of the Speedy Stitchers, but a buddy of mine who lived in Annapolis told me once that they're a piece-of-cake to use (he was big into making his own sails).

You might consider one of these the next time you need to make a canvas repair.

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changed alternator belts , installed headlight guards , and just got in a set of compressor wrenches so on to the compressor belt.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thursday evening, October 15, 2015:

When we got our Deuce it was just a cab and chassis, a former brushfire truck. We immediately also acquired the bed off the VFD's replacement M35A3 and drove her home.
Unfortunately, the taillights from the firetruck stayed on the bed that they retained, and as a quick-fix I simply mounted a pair of cheap trailer lights on the back end. She's been running with them for years now.
Several months ago, I bought a couple of "correct" taillights from another SSer and this evening FINALLY started replacing them. Mechanically, they are "done". But since the "amputated" wire harness was only patched when I installed the trailer light kit, I'm now going to crawl under the chassis, find ALL the correct wires for the lights AND the trailer connector so that rear harness is effectively "restored".

I am thankful for the complete M35A2 Wiring Schematic posted here in the forums...
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?3843-Peter-Bog-s-CAD-deuce-schematic!

One thing I don't remember ever stumbling upon is a good source for OEM-type in-line wire connectors. I'm sure they are readily available.
WHERE DO Y'ALL GET THEM??? (Preferred sources please.)

Thanks.
John

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter

When we got our Deuce it was just a cab and chassis, a former brushfire truck. We immediately also acquired the bed off the VFD's replacement M35A3 and drove her home.
Unfortunately, the taillights from the firetruck stayed on the bed that they retained, and as a quick-fix I simply mounted a pair of cheap trailer lights on the back end. She's been running with them for years now.
Several months ago, I bought a couple of "correct" taillights from another SSer and this evening FINALLY started replacing them. Mechanically, they are "done". But since the "amputated" wire harness was only patched when I installed the trailer light kit, I'm now going to crawl under the chassis, find ALL the correct wires for the lights AND the trailer connector so that rear harness is effectively "restored".

I am thankful for the complete M35A2 Wiring Schematic posted here in the forums...
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?3843-Peter-Bog-s-CAD-deuce-schematic!

One thing I don't remember ever stumbling upon is a good source for OEM-type in-line wire connectors. I'm sure they are readily available.

Thanks.
John

Make sure you follow the link in that thread over to the corrected wiring diagrams!
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?15778-CAD-M35-wiring-diagram

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today continuing trying to start up up on my M35A2, truck # 3. I opened the fuel Injection pump 2 bolt access door and sure enough the pivital piece, that is actuated by the engine turn off cable, that is supposed to be vertical was stuck . So I gently loosened it and lubed it , and placed it in the position closest to the radiator, then cranking the engine it fired for about 3 seconds. Then I inspected that same vertical piece , and found it moved by itself ! towards the firewall. So I prepositioned it vertical, all the way towards the radiator, and it fired for 3 seconds again! I did this 3 times, and the verticle piece moves in the fire wall position. ..Why is it moving itself?

Attachments

brianp454

They are called Packard connectors. Eriks has them.

http://search.store.yahoo.net/yhst-...41&.autodone=http://eriksmilitarysurplus.com/

If you check the type (male or female), gage, etc. carefully you will see a pattern. I made a table of it. I'll forward it on if I manage to find it...

Thanks.
John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks