• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Akicita

Did you hook your backup lights up to one of the position on the existing switch that you probably never use, or did you install a separate switch?
I ran wire to the back and mounted the lights but have yet to actually connect them.

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a switch in the dash to the right of the gauge cluster but close to the shifter ( forgot to take a pic ) in the future I plan on rigging it up to the trans to come on while in reverse but needed light for now.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Already have lights to install and this is next on my list...cant believe they didn't have any. Guess they had spotters.
Before operating an MV it is highly advised to read the TM's for the vehicle. The TM for operating a Deuce (and numerous other TM's/Vehicles) REQUIRES the employment of a "SOLDIER B" to assist with backing movements.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Backup cameras are for weiners...
Actually, they are. In my younger days of changing truck tires on the side of the highways, I once got a call to change a tire on none other than the Oscar Mayer weinermobile in Pismo Beach CA. It was my claim to fame around the shop for a month. They gave me a quick tour...pretty sweet rig. And it had a backup camera!

Kloakndagr

That's what I did today, should have done this along time ago. Thanks to peashooter for the review, I purchased the same camera, and am very happy. Screw it.....I can't insert the photo, I installed a backup camera that I purchased from Costco. I'd add a photo, but somehow it won't upload, so I gave up.

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

Ran a new fuel tank vent up to the breather, fixed my other vent line that vents everything up to the breather box ( cheap zip tie broke and it got too close to the exhaust flex pipe and melted), finally ran a hose from the compressor intake to the breather box, and redid my front bumper numbers, which have been absent since I painted the truck last year. Also fixed a few rotted wires both at the horn solenoid and lift pump connection.

Oh yeah, I cut and installed a new steering column to firewall gasket out of foam rubber. Got tired of feeling like I had a hair dryer pointed at my nads every time I was on the road.

Last edited:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

I just got back from taking my Deuce for a little run.
I had to get a new set of batteries and she fired right up.
I have the batts I took out of it on charge now.
Spent some time refitting nuts and bolts AQIS did NOT put back.
Including the pins for the passenger seat back and I straightened the passenger side windscreen lock that was bent.
Don't have a clue how that happened but it did, now it fits back together again.
Refitted the air intake mushroom.
After I travelled about 40klms and did the above, I cheaked the brake fluid level in the remote resevior and it was just under the low mark.
Filled it back up to the full mark and when I got back it was still full so it must have been as I hope just air in the line from when the brake line was fixed.
Will be keeping an eye on it!

Have noticed quite a bit of oil over the gearbox when I get under the truck to drain the air tanks at the end of a mission.
Will have to look into that as well.

Was a fun day.

Aussie.

Jeepsinker

Wow Aussie, how far did they take the truck apart? Is the oil pan going to fall off next? What you are dealing with would really make me mad.. if I shipped my truck I would expect to receive it in the same condition that it was in when I sent it off.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ran a new fuel tank vent up to the breather, fixed my other vent line that vents everything up to the breather box ( cheap zip tie broke and it got too close to the exhaust flex pipe and melted), finally ran a hose from the compressor intake to the breather box, and redid my front bumper numbers, which have been absent since I painted the truck last year. Also fixed a few rotted wires both at the horn solenoid and lift pump connection.

Oh yeah, I cut and installed a new steering column to firewall gasket out of foam rubber. Got tired of feeling like I had a hair dryer pointed at my nads every time I was on the road.
I don't know, but winter is coming. That might be nice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks