• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Oh yeah, I cut and installed a new steering column to firewall gasket out of foam rubber.
Yeah I need to replace that gasket as well because mine is missing short of a small section that was laying on the floor partly under the drivers seat.
They'll spray those commercial pressure washers at anything,....
The Temp gauge still mists up with water trapped inside it.
Well, I say still but this was only the second time I really got to drive it.

how far did they take the truck apart?
What you are dealing with would really make me mad.. if I shipped my truck I would expect to receive it in the same condition that it was in when I sent it off.
I was beyond mad,.. I can't use the language here I want to even though it dose'nt come close to describing how I feel.
And yeah, you'd expect to get something in the same condition it was sent in despite the inspection of it.
Putting it back together is just correct behaviour in polite society.

Aussie.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Troopers, And this M35 was noticed on a craigslist add. My friend Dominic and I went to see it and recognized its potential as a runner, so we came back with my tow bar, and the seller used his prime mover (tractor) and we convoyed to the Fort. It needs brake work, and work on the starting circuit, and maybe an Injector Pump adjustment, and then we will register and insure it.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why didn't you save those dog-bones ? (brace-rods) . I still need some more. Also that cab looked in good shape too !
I see numerous parts on that carcass that have value on the used parts market. Even at scrap prices, they could be donor "organs" to save the lives of other MVs.

Has it gone to the scrapper already?????

Akicita

Daytonatrbo,
Nicely done with such a short stump!
When I need to pull a tree, I wrap my chain around the trunk as high up as I can for best leverage. I've seen a lot of "Deuce vs. Tree" videos (not yours) where the chain or rope is attached so low that the truck struggles, wheels spinning, dirt flying, tires even smoking. Height matters.
Thanks for posting the video.

Another Ahab

Daytonatrbo,
When I need to pull a tree, I wrap my chain around the trunk as high up as I can for best leverage. I've seen a lot of "Deuce vs. Tree" videos (not yours) where the chain or rope is attached so low that the truck struggles, wheels spinning, dirt flying, tires even smoking. Height matters.
Those folk in Athens were something else.

Good old Archimedes figured all this out; oh, about 2,500 years ago.

He never saw a Deuce in his life, but I bet he would have liked them!

archimedes.jpg

Last edited:

daytonatrbo

Daytonatrbo,
Leverage make a big difference. You can't really see well in the video, but the first stump I pulled was much bigger and I left about 5' of trunk to get it.

The "bounce" technique eliminates all of the smoke and drama, as long as the strap holds. You can tell in the video I'm not using much throttle, just the clutch and the flywheel and the elasticity of the strap. You can un-stick a vehicle much larger than your own using the same technique.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the truck ready for engine removal. Everything is disconnected, the four engine mount bolts are out and engine and tranny are coming out tomorrow afternoon! I slightly damaged the rad when I took it out...should have removed the brush guard first....I ripped several small fins. Need to get it tested, I think.

Another Ahab

I got the truck ready for engine removal. Everything is disconnected, the four engine mount bolts are out and engine and tranny are coming out tomorrow afternoon! I slightly damaged the rad when I took it out...should have removed the brush guard first....I ripped several small fins. Need to get it tested, I think.
What are you using to make the lift?

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I succeeded in starting truck 3 . Where the fuel injector pump was not delivering, and where last week I found the "control lever " inside the pump shut off cover stiff, I lubricat3ed it, and today did a better job by using the red tube on the end of the WD40 can, and directing the fluid into the cavity, facing the firewall, as much as I could. I immediately noticed more free movement in the control liver, where when I moved it , it then returned under its own spring pressure. And sure enough, when I re installed the control lever ( stop cable) cover, then I pushed the start button, and on came the engine in a nice idle speed, and stayed there. I'm really happy about being bale to do this, and its because I read TM9 -2910-226-34. also CHANGED THE OIL AND FILTERS.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks