• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

The King Machine

I rolled it out of the shop. Complete and ready for the road. She runs smooth, She runs nice, and the best part: doesn't leak a drop!
-Air shift tcase install
-clutch
-pyro and boost gauge
-FDC bypass
-head gaskets
-front grill modifications
-bunch of painting
-Injector rebuilds
-intake heater deleted

sandcobra164

Pansy! 780 miles for me one way to the rally, in my deuce! :shrugs:
Garrett,
That's funny right there. I don't even need to wear ear plugs in the 5 ton cruising down the road. I can even have a conversation without yelling. I'm about to put some 14's on it and will be able to roll as fast as you. Only I can't as all of my friends still have deuces. I guess I'll convoy up at a quiet 1,500 to 1,600 rpm in the future to keep them in my mirror. I really did love my Deuce. Somebody had more money and it was sold as I already had a good line on the 5 ton. I also like the brakes on the M923 better than the Deuce's. Mine could lock the rears up on pavement but it took alot of pedal effort. And I nearly doubled my engine displacement as mine has the old Nifty 250. 685 ft lbs or torque is hard to argue with when the truck only weighs 8,000 pounds more.
Joseph

Jeepsinker

You know I'm just ragging on you right? I just want to make that clear, because I know of it can be hard to tell sometimes when you are just reading something. I'm only here to make friends.

You do have a nice new truck, and maybe, just maybe someday you will find the extra room and cash, and decide you want another deuce... until then, if you need anything I can help you with, just ask. I'm pretty sharp on the 5 tons too. Sometimes I can get you parts too if you need them.

Jeepsinker

Right now this is what I'm working on, rear output seal on the transfer case, another park brake drum, because mine has been warped since I got the truck. I'm tired of replacing mustache springs and inner shoes, and hearing the rattle. And of course, the stupid park brake cable broke off when I tried to back the nut off, so I had to steal one off of my yard truck. Really made me mad because I replaced it about a year and a half ago. I don't understand why the jam nuts always get locked onto the threaded shaft so tight that they won't come off. The tapered nut spun down the shaft away from it just fine.

Attachments

rustystud

Right now this is what I'm working on, rear output seal on the transfer case, another park brake drum, because mine has been warped since I got the truck. I'm tired of replacing mustache springs and inner shoes, and hearing the rattle. And of course, the stupid park brake cable broke off when I tried to back the nut off, so I had to steal one off of my yard truck. Really made me mad because I replaced it about a year and a half ago. I don't understand why the jam nuts always get locked onto the threaded shaft so tight that they won't come off. The tapered nut spun down the shaft away from it just fine.
I went away from using the stock jam nuts as they are a "metal interference fit" type and always get screwed up. I use "Nylocks" now. Also a little "Anti-Seize" helps a lot. On the Deuce which uses a "special" nut with interference threads on top, I grind off the top and then use a Nylock to hold it in place.

welldigger

I went away from using the stock jam nuts as they are a "metal interference fit" type and always get screwed up. I use "Nylocks" now. Also a little "Anti-Seize" helps a lot. On the Deuce which uses a "special" nut with interference threads on top, I grind off the top and then use a Nylock to hold it in place.
That's what I ended up doing. Well that and a home made rig of rubber washers and fender washers since all of the hardware for the cable end was missing on my truck.

Dipstick

I just replaced my parking brake shoes today. The old upper shoe was almost down to the metal. I should have realized it by the symptoms it exhibited before it got to that point. I also discovered I'm missing that little spring that goes from the stop nut bracket to the very end of the upper shoe. I asked the guys at Eastern Surplus to send me one. I appreciate everyones advice and experience.Worn Out Lining.jpgMy New P Brake Install.jpg

sandcobra164

You know I'm just ragging on you right? I just want to make that clear, because I know of it can be hard to tell sometimes when you are just reading something. I'm only here to make friends.

You do have a nice new truck, and maybe, just maybe someday you will find the extra room and cash, and decide you want another deuce... until then, if you need anything I can help you with, just ask. I'm pretty sharp on the 5 tons too. Sometimes I can get you parts too if you need them.
Garrett,
Of course I know that. We're good brother, I'll drink a beer with you next year at the rally if you partake in such beverages. If not, I'll bring some pepsi's or a few mountain dews.
Joseph

MatthewH

You got a great looking Deuce there, and I can't tell if ti's shadows or an inventive camo scheme on the cab.

I'm guessing shadows; am i right!?
Shadows. Tan truck with green soft top. Journey home took alittle longer than expected, had couple small issues so it was almost dark when the picture was taken

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks