• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

So that's it for all the official legalities right?

All the 'I's" dotted and the "T's" crossed?

Correct!

All done except the going out now and having fun and games,....
Oh, I do still have to attend to that fuel leak and un-inflated tyre but other than that I am good to go!

Insurance Co had fun working out what I had,....
They had to look it up on the interwebs,....

And yesterday I spent $600.00 for a 12 volt batt charger that is powered from a 12-28V source.
Charges lead acid/Calcium/AGM batts.

That way I can run a couple of 12vvolt deep cycle batts to run my Engel fridge/freezers and some LED lights for camp.

Aussie.

Last edited:

AZK9

I finally finished painting my deuce today! I shut the compressor down and cleaned up just after sundown.

Can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow in the daylight! :D

rustystud

014.jpg012.jpg

I have over 6 wiper motors that need rebuilding but the shafts are bad on everyone. So I asked Aaron (Peashooter) if he could make up some for me. They came Saturday and today I installed two of them . They are great ! Also they are made out of Stainless Steel so no more rust issues ! I'm sure I'm not the only one with bad wiper shafts so if you need any made Aaron is the man !

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of wipers, it actually rained in CA enough to turn mine on today, and one of the darn blades flew off at about 55 mph and slightly scratched my new windshield. Guess I'll need to add that to the never ending list...

AZK9

Speaking of wipers, it actually rained in CA enough to turn mine on today, and one of the darn blades flew off at about 55 mph and slightly scratched my new windshield. Guess I'll need to add that to the never ending list...
While doing the prep work for my deuce paint job I noticed that the wiper blades don't have the greatest attachment mechanism.
What a shame that yours 'flew' off and ruined the glass.

Is there an effective fix for that?

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While doing the prep work for my deuce paint job I noticed that the wiper blades don't have the greatest attachment mechanism.

It isn't bad, barely etched and barely noticeable. I shut the valve before it made 2 complete strokes. Jewelers rouge is supposed to take it off. I heard cam polish works too. We'll see.

AZK9

It isn't bad, barely etched and barely noticeable. I shut the valve before it made 2 complete strokes. Jewelers rouge is supposed to take it off. I heard cam polish works too. We'll see.
goodwithwood35...

Glad that the damage is not too bad.

Looking back on my previous post, I was not very clear about what I was asking. :oops:
( Typing while watching football on TV is not a good mix! )

I should have asked: Is there a fix that makes a better, more secure connection
between the wiper blade and the armature?
That thin, little metal 'split-loop' seems
to be all that is holding the blade on.

That connection point :roll: is a very weak link!

I'd like to do something to mine in hopes of avoiding the damaged windshield glass.
Wondering if there is a known 'repair' so I don't have to experiment.

Also... are your wipers air, or electric?

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are the original vacuum ones. That blade should have been replaced when I did the glass. The metal part was a little rusted and sort of loose. I agree with you it is a pretty cheesy design.

rustystud

Go with the new style "Anco" wipers and get the new stainless shaft from Peashooter. The shaft has longer threads so a "Nylock" nut can be used.

rustystud

They are the original vacuum ones. That blade should have been replaced when I did the glass. The metal part was a little rusted and sort of loose. I agree with you it is a pretty cheesy design.
They should be "pressure" ones. All the wiper motors from the 1950's to 1980's deuce used the air-pressure motor. They can be really reliable if lubed properly.
Also the control valve should be taken apart, cleaned and lubed every few years. I find a lot of gunk in mine after just 3 years.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks