• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Aussie Bloke

AZK9

... Bought my Deuce a bottle jack....
Nice purchase. [thumbzup]

A good jack is a must have. I got lots of use out of mine today on a short roadtrip!

Long story short...

I suffered two flats. Both inside tires! The pouring rain cooled off my temper before it 'boiled over'!
Some scrap truck must have scattered half the load on the highway. I drove over it as did several
other vehicles. I picked up a sharp bolt in one tire and a rusty, bent-up piece of rebar! The outside
wheels (tires) were untouched and I could hardly tell I had a problem. Luckily... when I pulled off the
road to assist another driver (with a nasty blowout) in a small passenger car, I noticed a hissing sound
from my inside rear passenger tire! Further checking revealed the front inside driver side totally flat as
well!

Without my jack and other tools, I'd have been in a real jam. As it was... I had a pretty bad day.

Another Ahab

Long story short...

I suffered two flats.

Without my jack and other tools, I'd have been in a real jam. As it was... I had a pretty bad day.
That does not sound fun at all. I get it.

Karma goes round, and it might take one or two lifetimes but be patient; it will come around.

You were a good man to help out the other driver in distress. [thumbzup]

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice purchase. [thumbzup]

A good jack is a must have. I got lots of use out of mine today on a short roadtrip!

Long story short...

I suffered two flats. Both inside tires! The pouring rain cooled off my temper before it 'boiled over'!
Some scrap truck must have scattered half the load on the highway. I drove over it as did several
other vehicles. I picked up a sharp bolt in one tire and a rusty, bent-up piece of rebar! The outside
wheels (tires) were untouched and I could hardly tell I had a problem. Luckily... when I pulled off the
road to assist another driver (with a nasty blowout) in a small passenger car, I noticed a hissing sound
from my inside rear passenger tire! Further checking revealed the front inside driver side totally flat as
well!

And it had to be the inner tires...bust off two sets of lugs instead of driving up on a block of wood and just doing the outer. Bummer.

AZK9

That does not sound fun at all. I get it.

Karma goes round, and it might take one or two lifetimes but be patient; it will come around.

You were a good man to help out the other driver in distress. [thumbzup]
It's kinda funny, because I heard the 'BANG' from the car in front of me! At that moment I
actually thought I'd been lucky and somehow escaped any damage. When I went back to
the deuce to get some tools to help the other driver... that HISSSsssssss gave me a sinking
feeling.

Another Ahab

And it had to be the inner tires...bust off two sets of lugs instead of driving up on a block of wood and just doing the outer. Bummer.
When I went back to
the deuce to get some tools to help the other driver... that HISSSsssssss gave me a sinking
feeling.
Don't feel bad. It's nothing personal.

It's like Gravity; it's all just physics (you know as postulated by the respected and eminently esteemed Professor Murphy):

murohy;s law.jpg

Last edited:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

Sorry to hear you had multiple flat tyres and good on you to stop and help another.
See by stopping to help another, Karma stepped in to let you know YOU had some flat tyres BEFORE they became a danger to you or others.
So how did you deal with 2 flats?

Use 1 spare and run with 1 flat or fix/plug the remaining flat?

Aussie.

AZK9

goodwithwood35...

Yup! I just could not believe I had gotten two inner flats at the same time! One outside tire would have been bad enough.

G'day everyone,...

Sorry to hear you had multiple flat tyres and good on you to stop and help another.
See by stopping to help another, Karma stepped in to let you know YOU had some flat tyres BEFORE they became a danger to you or others.
So how did you deal with 2 flats?

Use 1 spare and run with 1 flat or fix/plug the remaining flat? ...
Hi Aussie...

Since I was only running with one spare, I had no choice but to change out one flat and
then drive super slowly for 6 miles back to home base. I somehow 'sucked' the entire
valve stem inside the wheel and damaged the plastic tube protector as well.

Once I had removed that inner wheel, I took both to a tire repair shop and got everything
fixed on both flats.

The only good thing to happen was: I connected with a guy that had 10 deuce wheels
and tires just sitting outside behind his garage. Two were in pretty nice shape and I bought
them. Now I've got three spares!! :D

z06vincer

Completed brake line replacement. Sand blasted and painted air tanks. Installed new Master Cylinder and new Air Pack.
Next up: Finish connecting brake lines. Replace air lines.
Brake line 1.jpgBrake line 2.jpgAir tanks.jpgAir pak MC.jpg

icecreamman

Hank, I thought about that exact thing a couple of months ago. I highly recommend another large,really large air tank with a check valve on the inlet just to run the train horns.

Should I decide to undertake this, I would have to re-purpose and find a place to hang a 100lb Freon cylinder and would only work for a very short burst before re-charging. Our air systems aren't anywhere the size of a trains. my 2c worth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks