• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What did I do TO my deuce......

Working on the house my mother-in-law will soon be retiring into, I needed to replace the mailbox and rebuild the post/platform, fix the front porch railing and some other trim. So.... I made the deuce work as a BIG workbench.... so BIG that the table saw rode in the back and then was used there without unloading it. This house is just 0.3 miles from our own home, but it sure was convenient having ALL the necessary tools on site.

IMG_0176.jpg

"You don't need no steenkin' Shop Truck to use a deuce as one."

Mom's new neighbors loved it !!!

m715mike

Working on the house my mother-in-law will soon be retiring into, I needed to replace the mailbox and rebuild the post/platform, fix the front porch railing and some other trim. So.... I made the deuce work as a BIG workbench.... so BIG that the table saw rode in the back and then was used there without unloading it. This house is just 0.3 miles from our own home, but it sure was convenient having ALL the necessary tools on site.

View attachment 614932

That is my favorite kind of "workbench!"

But, with a mobile workbench that high off the ground, I'm guessing there was a lot of climbing up and down involved. I'm out of shape and always feel that type of activity the next morning. I guess that means I need to use my mobile workbench more often!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 614932

That is my favorite kind of "workbench!"

But, with a mobile workbench that high off the ground, I'm guessing there was a lot of climbing up and down involved. I'm out of shape and always feel that type of activity the next morning. I guess that means I need to use my mobile workbench more often!
Good catch!
You might note that there's a 6' fiberglass stepladder in the bed of the deuce. During most of the up & down the ladder was in place for easy access.

By the time i took this picture, I had moved indoors and had stowed the ladder so that it didn't "grow feet" and "walk away".... if you know what I mean.

chwhite0783

installed rear lights. truck now looks like a UFO if I turn them all on! wired up egt/boost gauges. waiting to hear from TMG about missing fitting for boost sensor. been over a month now.:x pics to come

Kloakndagr

I'm down to 3 days and counting, going to live in mine (converted to RV) fulltime. Loading up the 28 foot trailer, down to the last 5 or so small Home Depot moving boxes. The trailer was convert from a car hauler to a mobile garage, food storage and living area (tv, frig, wood stove and command chair).

Bucho

I'm down to 3 days and counting, going to live in mine (converted to RV) fulltime. Loading up the 28 foot trailer, down to the last 5 or so small Home Depot moving boxes. The trailer was convert from a car hauler to a mobile garage, food storage and living area (tv, frig, wood stove and command chair).
Would love to see some photos of your rig.

rustystud

My brother and his wife have chosen this life-style and love it ! I wish you happy traveling !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks