• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The stack flap is a "Good" thing to have. That's why the military installed them on the deuces later on. Keeps the rain and crap out when not in use. Just be sure to put the flap facing the rear of the truck !
Isn't it sad in today's world where it is even in the realm of possibility that someone would put it on backwards. It reminds me of the time Curly Howard tried drilling a hole in the bottom of a sinking boat "to let the water back out".
aua aua aua aua aua aua

rustystud

Isn't it sad in today's world where it is even in the realm of possibility that someone would put it on backwards. It reminds me of the time Curly Howard tried drilling a hole in the bottom of a sinking boat "to let the water back out".
aua aua aua aua aua aua
I've seen it put backwards back in the 1960's ! So it isn't just a modern phenomena . I've always felt there are two kind of people in the world. Those with an innate sense of mechanical ability and those who cannot even use a hammer correctly.
My brother falls in the later category. I remember coming home after work when I was still an apprentice living in my parents basement, seeing my older brother using my "Snap-On" 1/2" ratchet as a hammer !!! He was working on his car using my tools and of course using them wrong ! I came "unglued" !!!! My father said I needed to calm down as he didn't mean to abuse my tools. I went even more ballistic ! How can he not know what a ratchet is for I yelled !!! My father calmly said there are two types of people in the world ....

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice day for a Road Trip! Deuce had to tow the jeep for a bit, we had a fuel leak with the jeep! Deuce didn't mind helping!
20160515_083819 BK.jpg

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good find ! Those wrenches are quite rare !
Rusty. I don't know how many times I've missed one of these wrenches on E-Pay, Craigslist and elsewhere. Then a couple weeks ago I'm doing my usual weekly search, and bingo, here's an unspoken for Snap-on M 4276A wrench. Didn't even bother to make a bid, I hit the "BUY NOW" button ASAP. Cost me $60.00 plus a couple bucks shipping. But so be it, been looking a long time.

Last edited:

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rusty. I don't know how many times I've missed one of these wrenches on E-Pay, Craigslist and elsewhere. Then a couple weeks ago I'm doing my usual weekly search, and bingo, here's an unspoken for Snap-on M 4276A wrench. Didn't even bother to make a bid, I hit the "BUY NOW" button ASAP. Cost me $60.00 plus a couple bucks shipping. But so be it, been looking a long time.
Congrats on the find. Please enlighten a greenhorn. What is so special about this wrench? Is it for a specific function? Does it have magical properties (I.e. I hit a rusty lug nut with the wrench & all the rust turned to gold!)?

After the axle seal project Friday and Saturday, I took it easy today and vacuumed the gravel out of the stake holes that were filled with gravel.

There is so much to do to the truck I almost feel guilty for spending time on something so trivial at this point.

rustystud

I have had that wrench on my watch list for years now. They get picked off so fast, you actually need to be on the site when it's listed to get one !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks