• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

daytonatrbo

That's looking nice; where did you get the flap?
We have a "truck parts" shop called FleetPride. It was $18 there. Wasn't worth shopping online at that price. The elbow was a little spendy at $40. I could have gotten stainless elsewhere for close to the same.

As for the orientation of the flap, I have it not fully facing back, but sideways and slightly back.

While "back" does allow the wind to hold it open when driving, I figured it would also create a small high pressure area right at the top of the stack. By turning it a bit sideways, it can lose most of that high pressure, while still having the benefit of being held open while under-way.

SRB1976

My alternator went out the other day:-( Sucks because the deuce is pretty much my daily driver. I ordered the parts but haven't gotten them yet. I decided to get the kit from tm america to install an AC delco alternator instead of the $500.00 original. I already removed the old alternator and I discovered that the bracket was broken.

IMG_20160513_173846639[1].jpgIMG_20160513_173908106[1].jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab

My alternator went out the other day:-( Sucks because the deuce is pretty much my daily driver. I ordered the parts but haven't gotten them yet. I decided to get the kit from tm america to install an AC delco alternator instead of the $500.00 original. I already removed the old alternator and I discovered that the bracket was broken.
That stinks. Sure hope the parts arrive soon so you're back up and running chop-chop.

Last night I started working on my troop seats. Turns out I don't have all the right stakes. I have two passenger side front stakes and no driver's side rear.
I may just drill new holes in the slats and make that sucker work anyway.

Another Ahab

Started plumbing in the bathroom and put in a door, and some other little things.
theeDIZ, that was great on Sunday to put the face with the name with you for T.A.P.S.; thanks a million for being there, and sure hope you had some fun.

It looks like you're plumbing the WC with PEX. I know about it, but never actually worked with it; are you totally sold on the system, over something like say the soft coiled copper?

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahab was for a good cause and I enjoyed myself. Was always a fan of copper and it took some serious convincing for years before I started liking the pex. It's quicker to install and holds up way better to the colder climate!

Another Ahab

Ahab was for a good cause and I enjoyed myself. Was always a fan of copper and it took some serious convincing for years before I started liking the pex. It's quicker to install and holds up way better to the colder climate!
It sure seems like the PEX is a no-brainer (cut-and-crimp), but I wasn't sure if there were maybe any negatives (but I can't think of a any). I'm guessing the cost is better than copper, right?

brian s

I do a lot of plumbing and swore by copper but after a buddy turned me on to pex that is all I use now. It has a really high burst rating

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks