• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

Well today I lay under my Deuce out in the cold and greased the suspension and drive train, also the front PTO for the winch.
I Kept pumping new grease into the grease nipples until the old grease or new grease appeared,
With the winch PTO at the gearbox end I just pumped new grease in until it appeared at the splines.
Next time I will just have a small air leak and fuel leak to fix and I think I am ready for a weekend out having fun.

Aussie.

Attachments

Last edited:

Blackbear

Always drive the Deuce when doing a pre hunt trip, yesterday five kids one with a baby , oldest 18 driving, doing what I understand most country kentuckians do, snake shooting on country roads , not that there's anything wrong with that, or apparently that's a "thing" here. They tried to avoid a downed tree from storms and ran off a cliff hanging, tidoring, Duece to the rescue, ok 5 min job with winch but I feel good about it!

Another Ahab

Always drive the Deuce when doing a pre hunt trip, yesterday five kids one with a baby , oldest 18 driving, doing what I understand most country kentuckians do, snake shooting on country roads , not that there's anything wrong with that, or apparently that's a "thing" here. !
That's the kind of thing that will chase all the good snakes out of a neighborhood:

snake.jpg

M35A2 KAISER

I removed the radiator due to a leak where the tubes meet the tank at the bottom. Radiator shop said it was unreasonable to try and fix. So i started with new belts and a couple now howes then cleaned the top of the lower radiator tank with muradic acid till i had clean metal no paint. Next i mixed clear casting resin and filled the lip or tray where the tubes meet the tank. Tested after 36 hours with an old motorcycle tube attached to the inlet and outlet, and a bottle of windexl looks like it might work at least for a while. Installed in the truck and ran a couple of heat cycles still no leak. Will cross my fingers and keep my eyes open for a spare.

2016-06-26 19.10.55.jpg2016-06-26 19.08.13.jpg2016-06-26 19.10.02.jpg2016-06-26 19.08.55.jpg2016-06-26 19.10.27.jpg

rustystud

G'day everyone,...

Well today I lay under my Deuce out in the cold and greased the suspension and drive train, also the front PTO for the winch.
I Kept pumping new grease into the grease nipples until the old grease or new grease appeared,
With the winch PTO at the gearbox end I just pumped new grease in until it appeared at the splines.
Next time I will just have a small air leak and fuel leak to fix and I think I am ready for a weekend out having fun.

Aussie.
Just make sure to loosen the cap on the trunion when lubing the bearings ! Or install one of those pressure reliefs in place of the bottom zirk and install a zirk in the cap.

Another Ahab

True not a fan of it but my field hand mowed over 4 copperheads and saw a giant timber rattler, potential state record. that's not bad considering consequences while hunting.
From what I can tell there's no snake shortage in Texas (might be some short snakes, but no snake shortage). :mrgreen:

Ddmk18

I bough it off a friend who got it from a fire company it have some sort contraption mounted in the bed that was removed before he got it. It was going to be parted and scrapped so I decide the save it and fix her up. Plans are to bob it and 8 inch lift with 53s. I know I know, I am not a big fan of the bobbed trucks but the wife likes the looks of them so happy wife happy life.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Kaiser67M715

WIX p/n is 51503. This is for the Reo/Continental OA-331 engine, I am assuming White just put their tag on the engine, and it isn't some other odd engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks