• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tioday I pulled im my M108 Wrecker, and will work to get it running. It's been sitting for a long time. Installed batteries first...Iv'e never seen a battery box like this?

Attachments

drivebymashing

I will be driving to Statesville NC friday 86 miles each way. Thats the furthest trip ive made in the deuce so far.... If it doesnt quit on me or blow a front tire Ill be happy!!

SRB1976

The VFW invited me to use the A3 in our town parade:cool: That was a lot of fun.

3253.jpg3257.jpgP8060002.jpgIMG_20160806_101258932[1].jpg

I installed a new window seal.

P8060003.jpg

and changed the oil & filter, fuel filter and greased everything.

drivebymashing

Parades are awesome. I need new window seals bad it rains and snows under my windshield... I made it back from statesville the truck ran great 52-56 mph the whole way. It leaks from all three axles now and and engine oil leak became worse...

archmark

I replaced the seat foam and canvas seat covers in my M185 last weekend; quite an improvement for my bony backside. This weekend I started the install of the cab heater. I spend most of the afternoon trying to figure out what screws, washers, nuts, etc. went where and of course I was short on some and there were extras of others. Knocked the round sheet metal plugs out of the side panel and the firewall and assembled the parts and pieces as best I could from the hieroglyphics that they call instructions. I could draw better than that in my earliest days of being a draftsman. Anyway, the sky started to darken and few raindrops started falling so I threw every thing in the box and headed for the storage. Almost made it too before the sky opened up and wouldn't you know it, the driver's side wiper that worked so well when I installed new arms and blades last year, refused to budge. So, something else to add to the repair list...

jbayer

Over a couple week span, I removed it's front nervous system (AKA front harness). Probably at least 20 hours in this task. For those that have never undertook this, it's not for the faint of heart. Every clamp bolt was rusted solid, or the threads were stripped out, and the nut would just spin on the bolt. Almost every bolt/nut combination required a different combination of sockets, extensions, universals, wrenches, vice grips, impact gun, air ratchet, an angle grinder, and a Dremel. Had no soldier "B" either, so the firewall clamp bolts that weren't really rusty took almost as long as the others.
Now have to prep for new harness install.

M35A2 REMOVED FRONT HARNESS.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks