• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

nchittendon

Chased the wasps out of the M105 again. Camper project got put on hold, now thinking I want to completely enclose it (but still fit under the original canvas). So sick of wasps this year.......ready for winter.

Another Ahab

Chased the wasps out of the M105 again. Camper project got put on hold, now thinking I want to completely enclose it (but still fit under the original canvas). So sick of wasps this year.......ready for winter.
Whoa, Brother, you're in Wisconsin. But then I guess you all love the cold up there.

brianp454

Did you have any trouble with Home Depot understanding the paint color you were looking for? I heard that they changed a system or something and could no longer find out how to mix the MIL colors. Or was it a particular person at HD that did not know what they were doing?

I just tested the 383 green paint from home depot on my tailgate. I think it'll do!

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And now the update you've been waqiting for: M108 Wrecker outrigger maintenance! Here we see an outrigger sufficiently rusted so that the assembly had to be mounted in a pipe vise, and the Acme thread bi\oss turned with a 24"m pipe wrench assisted with a 60" extention ( cheater bar) ! The hreads would not move until large doswes of Acetone and Tranny fluid helped eat away the rust.AS you cann see in the pics, the assembly first had to be lifted on top of the workbench and then fastened to the pipe vise. Once so mounted, the pipe wrench-exten sion was used with alot of effort to get the acme thtread boss to turn. Once all the way unthreaded, it was wire brushed and oiled with HUB Oil. Any body have some outriggers to sell? I need 2 more

Attachments

I registered the M35 today! OK, that doesn't sound like much when asking what did you do to your deuce today, but it was with the California DMV, it was a big deal. Started out over a month ago hearing the truck was listed as junk, destroyed, and would never be able to be registered. Diligence and perseverance got me to getting the VIN verified and needing to get it weighed because it was listed as a pickup.

More work and effort got it classified as a utility vehicle which didn't need a weight certification. After a few more hoops and hurdles, a little incense burned, a few animals sacrificed and a couple of rolls of coins dumped into wishing wells, I walked out of the DMV today with registration, license plates and a refund from the DMV for over payment! Life is good. NOW I can start work on it, knowing it is legal and really belongs to me.

Another Ahab

The hreads would not move until large doswes of Acetone and Tranny fluid helped eat away the rust.AS you cann see in the pics, the assembly first had to be lifted on top of the workbench and then fastened to the pipe vise.
Where did you come up with that formula?

Is it a good one; get the job done? I'm guessing so, right?!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks