• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

zanther

I started my paint job, rolling on a coat of paint to get me through the winter. Just a couple of days of rain up here and I'm noticing the horizontal flat surfaces increasing in rust. I want to pull off the body and media blast the frame etc but that'll have to wait until spring as I don't have a big enough shop yet to pull the deuce into.
20160913_004828163_iOS.jpg20160913_005020412_iOS.jpg

rustystud

I started my paint job, rolling on a coat of paint to get me through the winter. Just a couple of days of rain up here and I'm noticing the horizontal flat surfaces increasing in rust. I want to pull off the body and media blast the frame etc but that'll have to wait until spring as I don't have a big enough shop yet to pull the deuce into.
View attachment 643573View attachment 643574

Yes rust. The bane of living in the Pacific Northwest ! You'll get used to going over your truck weekly with a spray can and touching up little rust spots before they spread. Also use a tarp over the cab as they leak bad and the water finds every little hole. I've tried over the last two years to find and fix every cab leak, but there is always another one to fix !

Another Ahab

Made a nice home for a big friggin' spider.

View attachment 643672
Oh, Man, a by-god Garden Spider, they are so cool! Count yourself lucky to see one, much less have it as a 'tenant".

I haven't run across one of those in probably ten years or so. They have two signature characteristics:

- The zig-zag that they build into the center of their web (and bonus, they build one of the spider world's biggest most perfectly round webs).

- The second is their habit of swaying their web back-and-forth if you get too close to them. It's a defense from what I've read about them. It works great; it'll spook you for sure ('cause they're BIG).

Thanks for the pic!

Last edited:

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well troopers, I the ongoing effort to get my M108 running, I decided to pull the entire fuel injector pump from Truck # 6, or should I say, truck 5 1/5, becuase its only half a truck! So I'm hoping to expidite the removal of the pump by torching what I dont need out of the way , ...

Attachments

tobyS

I had to tell my M35A3 that I'm not in love with her any more and that I have a new sweetie coming to take her place and feel my caress, an M929A2. I had to break it to her that she would be sold.

Sorry, can't repeat what she said after that, but the Chaplain would not like it..

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Well troopers, I the ongoing effort to get my M108 running, I decided to pull the entire fuel injector pump from Truck # 6, or should I say, truck 5 1/5, becuase its only half a truck! So I'm hoping to expidite the removal of the pump by torching what I dont need out of the way , ...
I know it's only a typo, but just for fun:

math.jpg

rustystud

Look at rustystuds 2nd picture in post # 5841 Ahab. Brass fittings break a little easier, especially if there frozen in place.
Yep, in picture #1 you can see the broken piece still in the block. Picture #2 shows it out and the remover I used. You would think that is an easy place to remove a broken fitting, but it's NOT !!!! That is why I went with Stainless Steel. I could have used a regular steel fitting, but they rust to fast. Just a side note for everyone, the special fitting (three-way) on the Injector pump is steel so don't let it rust on you ! I could not find a replacement for it. I tried all the fitting places and even called as far as New York state to try and find one. It really is a "one off" fitting.

rustystud

Oh, Man, a by-god Garden Spider, they are so cool! Count yourself lucky to see one, much less have it as a 'tenant".

I haven't run across one of those in probably ten years or so. They have two signature characteristics:

- The zig-zag that they build into the center of their web (and bonus, they build one of the spider world's biggest most perfectly round webs).

- The second is their habit of swaying their web back-and-forth if you get too close to them. It's a defense from what I've read about them. It works great; it'll spook you for sure ('cause they're BIG).

Thanks for the pic!
So this is a "special" spider ? We have those stupid things all over the place out here ! They can get over 1" long. My wife has a fit every time one gets into the house ! In fact I flushed one down the toilet yesterday. As long as they stay outside I don't care and in fact I "play" with them by wiggling their webs and watch them get all annoyed at me. My local tribal name is "man who plays with spiders" .

Last edited:

nchittendon

Lots of nope. I turn into a screaming little girl when it comes to spiders. Snakes, scorpions, 400 pound linemen, not a care in the world. Put me near a spider, EEEEK just kill me now.

And for the record, in most "normal" groups i'm the "big guy."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks